"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Well, We Have Our Answer....

But, unfortunately, it’s not the one we wanted…..

They will not sign off on our case, as he has grown too healthy for his case to be exepdited before the new year....or at least this is what they told our attorney.

So glad that he’s that healthy after being born at 3.5 lbs….

But, so sad that they they feel his case doesn't need expediting.
We will have to wait until the head guy gets back from his 2 week vacation.

Am I sad? Crushed is more like it. I thought I was ok w/ whatever-until I got this news. Dave is devastated. He now will be gone on his 6 week trip when Nathaniel comes home.


BUT…..

"Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present,

but painful; nevertheless, afterward,

it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness

to those who have been trained by it."


Heb. 12:11




Do I believe this or not? Are His ways good even when I can’t see them?

I think of that song that goes:


“When you can’t see His hand
Trust His heart.”

Of this I am persuaded….

1. He has been good to us.
2. His timing is perfect.
3. His love for all of us involved is perfect.
4. Our “afterward” is still coming, even if this is NOT joyous now!

Please remind me many times over the next few weeks, Father, that Your ways are higher than our ways & Your thoughts than our thoughts……in spite of how I feel right now, which is simply-just sad……

Crying 1

Now, I must trust You enough to say You are good.....& I will......just might take me a bit.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a much lighter note.....Ana had another ballet recital today!

It was a small performance-the big one is really tomorrow, but I got video of it, which usually is hard, but Ruth cooperated, PTL!!!


Ana is the first girl on the front row. I know it's kinda far away...sorry.



Ana, w/ her friend E., who performed in the recital today, & who you might recognize from the Sunday School program pics., as she is also a friend from church.

What a joy to watch today!!!

Thank for your continued & faithful prayers!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh, ((((Kim)))). That really stinks. I know how badly you all have been wanting things to be expedited. Praying that God's timing is absolutely perfect in all of this and sending lots of hugs in the meantime.

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Monica.

You have no idea how much your prayers mean to me...

Shawna said...

oh, kim! I am so so sorry. I can't imagine how you and Dave are feeling right now. I will continue to pray for each of you as you wait. When we were waiting on Miles, every night for the last month I had to give it all back to the Lord. My mind would race as I pondered all the variables, the pros and cons of each...how would it all work out. Yet, (no surprise) the Lord was so good to us. Praise the Lord He is the Lord of all the details, just as He is of all of the BIG things. I know He has a great plan for you, dave, ana, ruth, and nathaniel. I will pray that He will show to you just how big of a God He is, and how much He loves you.

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Shawna....

So good to know other saints are praying.

I really am somewhat excited to see what miracle God is going to perform on our behalf.

Tina said...

Kim I am so sorry!!! But hopefully you will be the first ones signed out in the New Year. Look at the bright side, at least you won't be caught in the holiday mess at the USE. We are 4 weeks out of PGN with 2nd dna still at the lab and the USE closed next week. So hopefully you can be spared this agonizing wait and bring Natty home within 3 weeks of getting out. Praying fo you and your family. God's timing is perfect even if we don't agree with it.

Kim & Dave said...

Yeah, but the biggest disapointment for me is that you & I will not be on PU trips together this time....not that we would have been, since you guys are so far ahead of us.

Thanking God that His timing is perfect.

Jess said...

Praying you get in very quickly right after the holidays!! So sorry for your disappointment.

jennifer said...

I'll be praying that you get in quickly after the new year! Your recital looks great... you've got years of dance fun ahead of you!

jenica said...

We're praying Kim for peace and reliance on Him.

Such a cute recital! Ana looks a lot like Shannon in that last pic.

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Jenica....I know you are praying, & I really appreciate it!

Rachel said...

I'm praying for you too. Thank you for sharing your faith and your struggles. It is so neat to see the Lord work, to watch to see His perfect timing. So many things are going on right now in the situation with your sweet son (and maybe some of them you don't even know about! But the Lord does and is actively working! We know that, from His Word). Keep trusting the Lord - we will pray and excitedly wait!

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks for the reminders, Rachel...we can't see all that God is orchestrating, but it IS SO GOOD TO KNOW-HE IS AT WORK!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...