"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our Story.....Part One.....

(Ana-2005.......Los Angeles, CA)
Thought I might share a bit of our story that led to our adopting two wonderful kiddos from Guatemala…….if some of you are interested, great. If not, I am also keeping this blog as a sort of journal of our lives together, so it’s mostly for posterity anyway!

Ana was born in 2001 after a fairly trouble-free pregnancy……..
one we didn’t have any trouble getting pregnant with
(perhaps that's more info than you wanted.....
but, hey, like I said, this is mostly for us......
& I'm usually pretty transparent-
maybe more than I should be!!!).

We were delighted by our first-born……
(although there was some disagreement about whether or not there would ever be MORE kids).

(I had some serious post-partum issues,
& I’m sure that didn’t help Dave want more kids-
but that’s another story).

Fast-forward a few years……
& we had finally agreed that Ana needed a sibling
(ok……I wanted her to have more than one-
Dave thought ONE SIBLING for Ana was enough-ha!!! ha!!)

We tried to get pregnant for what seemed like FOREVER……..

Every month, we got our hopes up-only to have them dashed.

This continued for almost a year.

The tears……
The “Whys?”
The accusations to my Heavenly Father
(I’m ashamed to admit)…..
"Do you REALLY love us?”
“Are You judging us?”
“Have we displeased You in some way?”

If any of you have suffered from “Secondary Infertility”
you know what that emotional roller-coaster is like!
That’s a ride you definitely want OFF of!!!

Tune in next Tuesday for more of the story!!!

4 comments:

Mama Bear said...

I am so happy for all of you that things turned out so well for your family.

Anonymous said...

love adoption stories!

Anonymous said...

Glad to read your story. Yes, we are secondary infertility people too. It stinks!

Milk Mama said...

It's good to read your story. God has/had a plan for you. :) Can't wait to read about how it turned out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...