"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursdays Before the Throne

It's been a while since I have done one of these, but I have been thinking much on the words to this cute little song we have on a CD we are borrowing.

1. I'M ADOPTED; I'M A CHILD OF THE KING.
GOD IS MY FATHER, AND HE OWNS EV'RYTHING.
HE WALKS BESIDE ME; HE'S MY VERY BEST FRIEND.
PRAISE GOD, I'LL NEVER BE LONELY AGAIN.



2. MY FATHER CHOSE ME, AND HE LOVES ME,
I KNOW.
HE WILL BE WITH ME WHEREVER I GO.
I'LL NEVER WORRY; I HAVE JOINED ROYALTY.
I AM A MEMBER OF THE KING'S FAMILY.


Chorus:
I'M ADOPTED, HALLELUJAH!
I'VE GOT A NEW SONG.
I'M ADOPTED, HALLELUJAH!
I FIN'LY BELONG.
I'VE GOT A BRAND NEW FAIMLY
OVERFLOWING WITH LOVE.
I'M A CHILD OF MY FATHER ABOVE.



Words/Music: Ron Hamilton
(c) 1987 Majesty Music

What a picture adoption is of God CHOOSING to love sinful mankind, & sending His own Son, to pay the penalty for sins of us who were NOT His children. By choosing to accept this free gift, I now belong to a Heavenly Family! What a privilege!

5 God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ. This is what He wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.
6 So we praise God for the glorious grace He has poured out on us who belong to His dear Son.
7 He is so rich in kindness and grace that He purchased our freedom with the blood of His Son and forgave our sins.

Ephesians 1: 5-7


Thank You, Father, that You chose me!!!



P.S. I tried for quite a while to find this on YOUTUBE or someplace, but with no luck. So, I'm sorry, but you will just have to imagine it! I might be able to get Ana & Ruth to sing it for you, though, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...