"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, December 3, 2009

Something New for us This Year!


Christmas School!

This is an idea I heard of for the first time this year-
yes, 4 YEARS in to our homeschooling venture!

This is an opportunity for us to learn some new things about the Holiday Season, & have some fun at the same time-who wouldn't want to do Christmas activivites!?!

Here are few fun links I found to get you started!

For your pre-schooler: First School & Audrey's Christmas Page

For your older kids (perhaps you are homeshooling or perhaps you just want to add some fun to your Christmas!):

Home School in the Woods Christmas Lesson-
you must download this one before Feb. of '10, or the link expires.
Loaded with ideas!

A Study on the Symbols of Christmas-appropriate for all ages.

A starting point for studying "Christmas Around the World."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are another homeshooling family, have you done this type of thing?

If you don't homeschool, do you think you might find this kind of study a fun thing to do in December?

Once I pick everything we are doing, I might get around to posting it here-we'll see how organized I can be!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, & the mystery food from yesterday-
Ana mixed Flax Cereal,
Chocolate Chips,
White Chocolate Chips,
Pecans
& Peanut Butter
& melted it all together in the microwave.
It was actually pretty good!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...