"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A look back....

*Re-post from last year at this time*
As I sit here on Sunday night, the kids are in bed, Dave & my aunt are watching a Dallas Cowboys game while I reflect on the last few days. (oops, excuse me for just a moment while I re-fill Ruthie's cup-ha!)

One thing I realized for the first time this Christmas, is how similar Christmas is for everyone…..busy, for sure, but beyond that-I bet your family also had a few of these things-

~yummy food-everywhere & in great abundance

~kids filled with excitement & anticipation

~ a few moments where you missed those who couldn’t be around your Tree with you (my Grandpa, our Jesse, our dear foster family in Guatemala, other far-flung family).

~a few “disagreements” around the Tree-ours were *mostly* among our 2 YO & our 3 YO (wink-ha!!!).

~I bet a few of you had sick kids Christmas Eve/Christmas Day like we did, & therefore, had to postpone our traditional Christmas Eve dinner, in order to not crush our 8 YO’s heart.

~a few toys that must be taken back to the store & replaced

~I hope you also had a few quiet moments to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas-Jesus willingly came to this earth as a baby-with the sole purpose of dying for sinful man-33 years later…..

I was struck by “sameness” that makes Christmas a “common thing” for all of us-while at the same time we all have traditions that are different & make each family unique……
I’m so glad I have things that make Christmas “special” for our family.
But, this year, I realized-I’m also glad I have things that make *my * Christmas a bit like yours, you know what I mean?



(Last year's post)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...