"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tres Años (Three Years-Feb. 29th....)

Are you sure?!? Sometimes it seems like yesterday, & sometimes it seems he’s always been w/ us.

Feb. 29th, 2008, we flew home from Guatemala w/ Nat.

Because it’s such a cool date (Leap Day, & all that), that’s the date we picked for our “Natty Day.”

We actually got custody of him Feb. 23rd of that year, but I always wanted a something to celebrate on that day. I know, I know, there’s probably a few of you who are thinking, “Yeah, just try having a birthday on that then!”

We have fairly simple celebrations for these special days around here. Guatemalan food for supper tomorrow & some “Tres Leches“ cake for dessert.

Here’s one of our favorites recipes from the Guatemalan cookbook “False Tongues & Sunday Bread.” Served up w/ some homemade tortillas……& the memories come flooding back.


P.S. I'm afraid I don't have any recent pics of him by himself. Life has been crazy lately! Check out my previous post, though-cause he sure is cute in that family snapshot!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...