"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, March 8, 2010

Well, This Was A Delightful Discovery!!!

You know how it is……

When you started out on your parenting venture, you were sure that you would be the kindest, most organized, devoted parent.

Although I still try to be kind, & devoted…..

I have lost all hope of being organized!

I can’t tell you the number of times we have missed appointments, forgotten to take medicine, left special blankets places, & lost shoes, toys, books or clothing. (sometimes all in one day! Ha!)

*Please tell me some of you can relate-or else I might just fall down in a heap & cry!*

But, a few weeks ago, when I went on a weekend get-a-way with my honey (love you, Dear-I know you read this every day!)…….


& I astonished myself by discovering (wonder of wonders)

I do, in fact, still have most of my brain cells intact!

In the course of the weekend, I:


~Kept the bathroom counter organized & free of stray hair pretties flung down by little hands & free of goobery, toothpaste covered toothbrushes.
~Found it easy to keep clothes hung up & put away.
~Never lost my room key.
~Always made it out the door with everything I needed-(I never got that *feeling*-you know that awful feeling the split second after the heavy hotel door slams shut, just barely missing your 2 year-olds fingers!-“doggonit! I forgot to grab the diaper bag!”)

In the interest of full disclosure-yes, these things all DO happen just about every time I travel-but, without the kids-I suddenly seem to have gotten my brain back!

(Breathing a huge sigh of relief that one day, I might not be such a flake…..signing off for the night in 25 minutes for Steady Mom’s 30 Minutes or less blogger challenge!)

7 comments:

se7en said...

hay 30 minute mom!!! Take me to the place where I can find/regain my brain, who would have thought!!! Have a good day!!!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Yes, it is delightful :)

Glad you had a good time away... and an organised time at that!

Tina said...

OH MY GOODNESS KIM! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TELLING ME WHERE I COULD FIND MY BRAIN :) I AM GOING TO LET MY HUSBAND KNOW HE NEEDS TO TAKE ME AWAY FROM THIS MADNESS IF HE WANT'S ME TO BE NORMAL AGAIN LOL!

Anonymous said...

Right there with you! Time with the other half is so needed and so nice!

Annie @ Sister Wisdom said...

{30-minute blogging}
oh, organization... I think I've given up on it, too. Instead I've just started throwing stuff away. If we don't have it, I don't have to organize it, right? :)

Gardenia said...

I love this post. In my case, the things that are lost are MY things, I leave my phone at home, or forget to put on my blush, or lose a glove, etc... I'm so intent on making sure I've got hold of all my daughter's things, that I walk off without my stuff. and I begin to wonder if I'm losing my brain cells. nice to hear there's hope for me. now if I could just go on a get away weekend with hubby to confirm that!!

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

I think most of us can relate.LOL How nice to have that peace of mind, discovering that *someday* you'll be organized again.

Until then, enjoy your chaos, they grow so fast :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...