"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, May 24, 2010

Diligence........

Goofy me! Why didn’t I think of this before?

My philosophy on teaching diligence has apparently needed some adjusting!

I never knew how hard a child could work until I offered her $5 to get rid of all the weeds in the yard!

Why shouldn’t I pay her to do a job I'd rather skip?

It took her several afternoons of work. Each afternoon after completing her schoolwork, she can be found persistently and carefully checking for weeds in the backyard.

(Next week, it’s on to the flower gardens!)



This post was created in 20 minutes for Steady Mom’s 30 Minutes or Less Blogger Challenge.

4 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I love it! Teaches them a good work ethic and to value money :)

And Kim, LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic on your blog header!

Kelly Miller said...

Very smart! Perhaps some would argue that you shouldn't pay her, but I think you're teaching her a great lesson -- work hard and it will pay off.

Also, I'm quite astonished by her work ethic! Many children would try to do as little work as possible.

Great job!

Angela said...

Stopping over from Steady Mom! Love reading about your family! Ours was created by God thru adoption as well! Love it!

Gardenia said...

what a good little worker she is. I do think it is fine to pay them money to do certain chores.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...