"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mommy Guilt.......

I don’t often succumb to this nasty monster, but two weeks ago, I caught a pretty severe case of it.

We’re talking-driving down the road crying so hard I should have probably pulled off.

But, I didn’t-& I’ll explain to you why.

*Welcome to a week that almost every mother experiences in the month of May.*

This particular weekend, (from Thursday-Saturday) we had-
~A ballet class-Ruth
~A school choir concert rehearsal-Ana
~A school choir concert-Ana
~A ballet recital rehearsal-Ana & Ruth
~A ballet recital-Ana & Ruth

You guessed it-something had to overlap.

Along about Friday afternoon-things began to unravel-when Ruth had to be at the ballet recital rehearsal at the same time as Ana’s choir concert.

I DID plan ahead, though, & had another mom agree to keep an eye on Ruth after I dropped her off at the ballet rehearsal.

And flew down the interstate, hoping to catch the end of Ana’s concert.

But, Dave called when I was still 15 minutes away to say Ana’s first school concert was done.
& I missed it.

For the first time ever, I missed something of hers-& it was her FIRST ever school performance.

I bawled like a baby. All the rest of the drive.

I almost started again later that weekend when Ana told me she almost started to cry during her concert when she realized I probably wouldn’t make it back.

Agony! Still makes me sad. (& yes, Daddy took plenty of pictures & video, but it’s still not the same…..)

Please remind me that she won’t be scarred for life!


3 comments:

Lori said...

Bless your heart. I know exactly how you feel. I didn't get to go on my daughter's very first field trip this year. I saw a McDonald's commercial last night where the mom and dad get a happy meal for their child and the daddy is the one that rushes in and hands it to the child but the child goes over and hugs the mom and says "thanks mom." It seems no matter what we do, they still love us and look up to us. Maybe yall can schedule a date just the two of you, that is what my oldest likes to do sometimes because she is so jealous of my youngest daughter. You are a wonderful mommy trying to do it all!!

Donna said...

OH Kim!!!! I'm so sorry! What a sad moment for both of you! It's so tough and heartbreaking!

You are NOT a bad Mommy and she will NOT be ruined fir life! It will hurt for awhile - but she knows how much you love her. She knows how much you WANTED to be there. The pain caused was NOT INTENTIONAL. Unfortunately - this probably won't be the last time. And ALL experiences (good or bad) help create us and make us better, stronger people. Right?

Did any of that help? ;-)

btw - this is something I am fearing BIG time as we plan on separating the twins for their sport activities - to avoid further competition and the constant comparison. My heart races just thinking about the different fields and game times!

Andrea said...

you won't be scarred for life. promise :)

I missed Chase and Trey's first "real" rockin' it out band debut...

I was so devastated but they seemed to be ok and understand and I oohed and aahhed over the pictures to a ridiculous point.

me

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...