"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, June 15, 2009

Signs of Summer

One day last week, I discovered Ana gathering rocks from the front yard.

Yeah….it gets better.

When I asked her what she was doing, she told me she wanted to sell them.

She wanted to sit on the corner & sell rocks. (This makes me laugh so hard as a parent!!)

I told her the rocks were the Homeowners’ Associations. (I didn’t want to totally discourage her by telling her that not a soul would stop to buy them from her).

Her next idea?

Set up a stand to sell stuffed animals.

Oh, dear.

I didn’t have the heart to tell her no one would stop for that, either!

& another idea:

“Well, then, let’s have a garage sale, Mom.”

Me-in my head-“Sure, let’s just open the door & start selling!”

(I love how kids don’t have a CLUE how much TIME of preparation these kinds of things take)

My little entrepreneur then says,

“Well, what on earth am I supposed to do to earn money, then, Mom?”

(In her most serious voice).

Meanwhile, in my head, I’m just thinking, “I bet I’m going to have to set up a lemonade stand. Uggg……I REALLY don’t want to set up a lemonade stand.”

But, she wasn’t going to let the idea of earning a bit of money go.

Finally, (& I must admit-VERY reluctantly) I asked her,

“Would you like to make some Kool-Aide & try to sell it?”

& you know what?

I’m glad I asked her-the shear delight that jumped in to her eyes when she processed my question was worth all the trouble.

& I guess every kid has to have a lemonade stand at some point in their lives, huh?

& what a great kid! She got Ruth involved, & they made $4.25, which Ana generously split with Ruth!

(I was just PRAYING someone-ANYONE would stop & buy some from her. & after I got the Kool-Aide made, I was just praying we had plastic cups! Forgot to check on that before we made the Kool-Aide)
(& you know what?
Now that I think about it,
I still have no idea WHY she needed money so badly!!!
Hmmmm....)

4 comments:

Lilysmom said...

I love this. I have such wonderful memories of selling lemonade. And precious that she shared with her sister!

Dea said...

What a cute and funny story! You will have to fill us in when you figure out why she wanted the money so bad lol

Jeanna Williams said...

Oh...I had to laugh....I won a "Funny Face" (similar to kool-aid) drink stand in a contest as a kid. Sure....we sold some....but we drank up so much of the profit too!

Mama Bear said...

Oh Kim, I chuckled and chuckled. That truly is priceless and what would life be without having that koolaid and/or lemondade stand, LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...