"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursdays Before the Throne

Dave took this picture Tuesday night…….
go ahead & click on it-pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

As I looked out the window at that peaceful scene……
the words to this lullaby the kids listen to every night came to mind.

Even the darkness is light to Him.
Night is as bright as the day.
So you are safe, though the light grows dim.
Even the darkness is light to Him.”

From the verse:

“Even the darkness will not be dark to You;

The night will shine like the day,

For darkness is as light to You.”
Psalm 139:12


Looking out our back window at night……..it is hard to see all the trees, the creek & the grasses- all beautiful blessings the daylight reveals.

But, nonetheless, they ARE there-even when I can’t see them.

I know I have lived through some pretty dark days in my life, & I’m afraid sometimes I didn’t honor my Father in the way I lived during some of those times-partly because when you CAN’T see Him-for the storms, it’s hard to trust there is good in your life.

But, even during the darkest days, it is such a comfort that God can see right through all the clouds & darkness…….& know just what He is going to allow in my life.

& it is a comfort to know……that the clouds & darkness are producing something much better for me than I could ever imagine on my own!

“When you can’t see His hand, trust His heart!”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohh thats is pretty!!!!!

Mama Bear said...

sending up many prayers to God. Thanks for the awesome post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...