"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Friday, July 2, 2010

Silence……

I hardly know what it is any more.

But, just now, I am sitting on a bed & though my window is open, I hear nothing but silence.

“Why,” you might be asking…..

Because my hubby sent me away for a night. To a bed & breakfast of my choosing.

I chose the Woodland Inn Bed & Breakfast in Woodland Park, CO, for two reasons:
1. They advertise a Gluten-Free menu option! (Yeah!!! Do you know how hard food allergies can be to avoid on a little get-away like this?)
2. This happens to be where Dave & I spent our 2nd Anniversary-almost 10 years ago.

But, back to the silence……I digress.
I remember my 2nd Grade teacher explaining to us why “Silence is Golden.”

Gold is valuable, rare, & pure. Often, it’s given as a gift.

Silence is valuable-not something to be wasted. Which is why I am using it (in part) to write. I rarely have time anymore to just sit in quietness & let thoughts flow out through my fingertips. While what I write is perhaps not of huge significance to many, it still is one of MY outlets-& I need to use time wisely when given to me.

Silence-true silence-is rare, especially in my case. If any of you know my family IRL, you know this is true-as I’m sure it is for most mamas. The last time I sat in such a quiet room was probably sometime in early 2001!!

Silence is pure-unmarred by outside influences. I don’t even have a fan as background noise-something I usually need in town, since we have no air-conditioner, & have to sleep with the windows open.

But, perhaps, most of all, silence is a gift. I don’t DESERVE this little get-away, but my hubby gave it to me out of the generosity of his heart.

Reminds me of another gift:
“Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.”
Psalm 116:7

I have the gift of rest, peace & quietness in my soul. Jesus says in Matthew 11:28:

“Come unto Me all you who labor & are heavy laden, & I will give you rest.”

& I have this rest-because of His free gift of salvation. Do you?

(Stay tuned for pics of my get-away! I am going to South Park City in Fairplay, CO tomorrow!)

1 comment:

Dea said...

What a wonderful post. Enjoy the silence and your wonderful getaway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...