"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, April 21, 2011

Big Sigh......(or big opportunity)

















Just kindof a tough last couple of weeks.....


Still have one that's not sleeping super well, & many other stressful things going on as well.


(as if the house on the market wasn't stressful enough!)






BUT.....as I was getting ready for bed tonight, the kids all came to me w/ a stuffed animal to share, hoping the animals would make me be able to sleep better. (smile)





Now, THAT, alone, is a reason to be thankful. What a thoughtful group of kiddos I have the privilage of raising!




Almost without fail, whenever I need a "lift," the Lord will bring some song to mind that takes that "Big Sigh" & turns it into an opportunity to trust.....& these are words that came to mind tonight:




"Simply trusting every day,
Trusting through a stormy way;
Even when my faith is small,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.


Brightly doth His Spirit shine
Into this poor heart of mine;
While He leads I cannot fall;
Trusting Jesus, that is all.


Singing if my way is clear,
Praying if the path be drear;
If in danger for Him call;
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Trusting Him while life shall last,
Trusting Him till earth be past;
Till within the jasper wall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Refrain

Trusting as the moments fly,
Trusting as the days go by;
Trusting Him whate’er befall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all."




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of that precious song, Kim. What a blessing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...