"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Saturday, September 15, 2007

Yellowstone National Park

This summer, we went to YELLOWSTONE NP, w/ our dear friends the Johlmans.


I used to babysit these mature-looking guys when they were little. Their oldest could not be w/ us as he joined the military. Thank-you, Tim for your service to our country. But, it was SO fun to see these two all grown up! Where does the time go? I'm sure their parents are wondering the same thing, too :-)


(I'm really sorry! The spacing is off on this, but I can't get the post to save the way I want it too. Doesn't seem as easy to read. Also, seems like the smaller pics space the way I want them too, but the bigger pics do not. Not sure what that's all about.)





Ana in front of the sign! Gotta prove we really went!







Here we all are. L-R: Dave, Kim, holding Ruth, Ed, Janie, Hannah, Daniel, & Ana in front.







This, I really got a bang out of, as I graduated from Washburn University! Here we are at the top of Mt. Washburn.







Through a series of events, we ended up picking Hannah up, & taking her on to the park w/ us. Ed, Janie, & Daniel met us a day later in the park. She was a HUGE help to us, both on the drive up, as well as setting up camp & entertaining the kids! THANKS, HANNAH!!!


The funny thing was, of course other people thought she belonged to us, so everyone kept wanting to take our picture for us w/ her in it!!! We didn't mind! We happily claimed her for a day!!!


Here we are in front of the Mud Volcano. Notice the sisters holding hands! How precious!!








Here are a bunch of pics of my cute kids!




Ana loved dancing ON the their truck!





Part of God's creation!!! The heavens do declare the glories of God, & so do some of these other pics.

These trees were burned during the 1988 fires in YS. The bright blue sky & the clouds behind them were striking!!




There was some debate as to whether or not this was a Black Bear (I know...he's a brown color), or a Grizzly Bear. I personally do not think he was big enough to be a Grizzly.






A Black Bear.







And, one can not go to YS, w/out seeing these guys!!

Yes, the buffalo are walking through our campsite!!! YIKES!!!!




My kids at bedtime!

Ruth is not walking yet, so after playing in the DUSTY campsite, she was filthy!!!
This was the only way to get her clean & then in bed quickly.
She had to be close to the fire, too, because it was cold for her when she was all wet!








Ana in the bathroom, hard at work on her teeth!















By the end of our time together, Ana had declared that Hannah was her new BEST friend. I bet you didn't know YOU had a new best friend, did you Hannah? :-)







And Ruthie just lived here for the whole vacation! Thanks, Daniel!!! You saved our backs!!!
Sorry she screamed in your ears so much! Hopefully, they survived!


I can't believe these are the babies I used to take care of!!!!! Look who's taking care of my babies now!!!






A couple of family shots!!







And my exhausted children!!!! By the end of our time in YS, every time we got into the car to drive, both of them would pass out!

We had SO much fun w/ you guys & can't wait to do something fun like this w/ you again! All that was missing was Tim!!
Love, the Dillons!


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Kim! That was pretty funny that it took you a bit to figure out who I was! Thanks for the chuckle! It's so good to see how you and your family are doing and how much you are growing! It's very exciting!

And, I can't believe the Johlman kids have grown up sooo much! Wow! Ya blink and they are grown, huh!? Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Kim & Dave said...

Yeah, & they were SO grown up! I still can't believe it!!

Also, I felt really silly that I took a bit to figure out who who you were. As soon as I hit "publish your comment," I was thinking, "WWWAAIITT a minute!! I think I know who that is!!!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...