"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Joy in work???? (Replacement Thinking)

Being completely honest here......

I have really been struggling w/ doing the jobs the Lord has placed in front of me for the day. (for those of you who read my previous post about Ana wishing for a servant-maybe she comes by it honestly-HA!!! HA!!)


As I was getting out my Bible for my Quiet Time this morning, the Lord brought an amazing thought to mind. One of my favorite verses is:



"Commit your works to the LORD,
And your thoughts will be established."
Proverbs 16:3


I had always seen that verse in the negative-by that, I mean, He would take away any negative thoughts I was struggling w/, if I only commited that moment to Him.
This morning, though, the Holy Spirit revealed Himself in that verse in a completely new way to me.


HE WANTS TO GIVE ME GOOD THOUGHTS TO REPLACE THE NEGATIVE ONES I'VE BEEN STRUGGLING WITH!!!
He can take my:
Boredom & give me Excitment
Sorrow & give me Joy
Fear & give me Power/Sound Mind
Anxiety & give me Peace
Dis-like/Hate & give me Love
Frustration & give me Patience


All these negative thoughts/feelings I struggle w/ on a daily basis He WILL take & REPLACE w/ thoughts of Himself:
He is:
EXCITMENT
JOY
POWER/SOUND MIND
PEACE
LOVE
PATIENCE


Wow! Revolutionized my day! & I hope I never forget this lesson!
Can you think of any other "Replacement Thinking?" I need a big list! :)
Kim

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...