"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Wednesday, October 10, 2007

More Good Adoption News!!!

We just found out we got our Pre-Aproval (PA) from the US Embassy in Guatemala. If you look at our timeline, this is a critical step before we can exit the Guatemalan process. Right now, this step is averaging 60 days, & we got ours in 5 days!!!

Also, I went & picked up our dossier from the Guatemalan Consulate today, & took it to our agency. Our case worker was going to send it down to Guatemala today. For some reason, the Guatemalan Consulate still had not sent it to her. But, that got done w/ no problems, too.

Our case worker said that in the over 5 years she's been working w/ Guatemalan adoptions, this is the first time EVER that she has seen PA be registered in Guatemala BEFORE our dossier even gets down there!

God is truly going before us in every step. We feel extremely blessed, especially when we see all the potential slow-downs & hang-ups there are in the Guatemalan process right now.

Things about today I'll never forget:

~Kelly's (our case worker) excitement-readable even over the phone when she called me w/ the news
~shaking 1/2 way to Denver, trying to process how FAST the Lord is moving this!!!
~all of us coughing & blowing noses all the way there & back, since, of course, all three of us are sick
~calling Dave w/ the news, as he is out of town right now!!! The excitement in his voice!!!

Our lawyer in Guatemala thinks that there is a very good chance we will be into PGN by the first of November.

Thanks for everyone's continued prayers!! Love to all! Kim (for all the Dillons)

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Congratulations!! 5 days is wonderful! Hoping I get the same great news soon!

Instructor Mark said...

Awesome and amazing! Woo hoo!!!

jenica said...

Wow, what a joy to see the Lord's hand so clearly! Very exciting news!

Rachel said...

Wow, this gives me goose bumps! It's amazing to see the Lord work!

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers & well wishes!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...