"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, June 10, 2010

FFF......"What We Love"

Two things came to mind with this topic…….one fairly obvious, perhaps, but the second one might not make a whole lot of sense until it’s explained.

~The first thing that jumps to mind every time this type of topic comes up is that I am so thankful for wonderful family –near & far. We just got done with a week of having my mom here, & Dave’s parents will be here shortly, too. I am so thankful my kids have their grandparents on both sides. (& other family, too!)

I have always felt rather sad that I don’t remember my maternal grandparents……

~The other thing I am LOVING right now is this little poem by A. J. Flint.

I need reminding that I am only called to live for my Savior ONE DAY AT A TIME……..

One Day at a Time
One day at a time, with its failures and fears,
With its hurts and mistakes, with its weakness and tears,
With its portion of pain and its burden of care;
One day at a time we must meet and must bear.

One day at a time to be patient and strong,
To be calm under trial and sweet under wrong;
Then its toiling shall pass and its sorrow shall cease;
It shall darken and die, and the night shall bring peace.

One day at a time - but the day is so long,
And the heart is not brave, and the soul is not strong,
O Thou pitiful Christ, be Thou near all the way;
Give courage and patience and strength for the day.

Swift cometh His answer, so clear and so sweet;
"Yea, I will be with thee, thy troubles to meet;
I will not forget thee, nor fail thee, nor grieve;
I will not forsake thee; I never will leave."

Not yesterday's load we are called on to bear,
Nor the morrow's uncertain and shadowy care;
Why should we look forward or back with dismay?
Our needs, as our mercies, are but for the day.

One day at a time, and the day is His day;
He hath numbered its hours, though they haste or delay.
His grace is sufficient; we walk not alone;
As the day, so the strength that He giveth His own.

Annie Johnson Flint


Deut. 33:25 ...and as thy days, so shall thy strength be.


2Cor. 12:9 And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

We all have burdens-may we be encouraged that we are only called to bear them ONE DAY AT A TIME.

(My sister & her kids with our mother & my kids, too.)



6 comments:

Melinda said...

Sweet post! Love that poem too!

Gardenia said...

what a beautiful poem, Kim. I loved "Give courage and patience and strength for the day" and "I never will leave." we need these reminders.

Anna said...

I really like that poem...wonderful words!!

And sounds like you're having a good time with your family which is great.

Anna

vaneblu said...

Beautiful poem!

Hannah said...

What a beautiful poem. So perfect.

ClassiclyAmber said...

I love the poem, too!! So beautiful~!

You have a gorgeous family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...