"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Friday, February 15, 2008

THE FINISHED PRODUCT!!!! (edited at the end!)

The culmination of the BIGGEST project ever attempted by yours truly!
Click on the pics to make them larger.


The re-painted wicker dresser, w/ some things to hang on the walls at a later date.

(HEE!! HEE!-Yes, that is my feet in the picture!)


The cross stitches were done by Dave's mom for both girls.


The Holly Hobby stuff (from my childhood) will be re-done to match their room.






This was the picture frame on the dresser in the above pics,

made over into a bulletin board.

One side will be Ana's & one side will be Ruth's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


THE CROWNING JEWEL!
Eventually, there will be a bunk bed in this alcove,
when Ruthie is big enough for sleeping on the bottom bunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is a bit more to do, but, for the most part, we are DONE w/ the re-decorating is done!
Now, on to organization of Nathaniel's room!
YIKES!!! Only a few days left!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edited to ADD: Tickets are booked!
Shannon (my sis), Ana, Ruth & I leave at 6 AM on the 23rd.
We return w/ NATHANIEL on the 26th!
Pilot





11 comments:

Live to love and laugh said...

What a gorgeous bed. It looks so cozy. You did a great job on the room.

Paula said...

Looks great! Wow! Only one more week until Nathan's in your arms for good!!! YEAH! :0)

Rachel said...

I'm sure the girls are loving their new room. So fun!

Yay! You are leaving soon. How exciting!

Kim & Dave said...

Yep, I am SUPER DUPER EXCITED!!!

Jules said...

Less than a week!! Woohoo!! :D

I love the alcove for the bed - too cool!!

RenaissanceBeliever said...

You may not realize it... but you're "nesting"! :)
A comment I once heard was that a biological child grows in your tummy but an adopted child grpws in your heart...
I am praying for traveling mercies and instantaneous bonding for all of you.
~Stacey

Kim & Dave said...

Stacey-you are so right!

I AM nesting, but the funny thing is, the girls I already have are the ones that are reaping the most benefits fron my "nesting," not the new baby! ;)

All his room neeeded (since it was the girls' old room & was already green) was to get rid of the girly toys & bring his clothes in!

Gail said...

Hi!
Just found your blog and am excited that you are so close to me. I am in SW Kansas. Do you know the other couple from the Springs adopting from Guate?
Gail
www.johannafaith.blogspot.com

One Busy Momma said...

Room looks great!!!!!
Hope you have a wonderful pickup trip!

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Congratulations on the good news that your family will finally be all together this time next week! So great to hear that finally!

The room looks great. I hope you share some photos of the little man's room too!

Beckie

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Beckie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...