"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, February 4, 2008

I Never Thought A Room Switch Would.......

(At the end of this post is a group FUNNY pics)

Make the mommy in me a bit sad.

But, it has.

It seems like the end of an era.

Since Ana was born, her room’s been one door down, or right across the hall from us

Thursday night, without fanfare, the girls slept in their new “pretty room” as Ruth calls it in her barely understandable babble.

It was the w/ out fanfare part that was hard for me. I wanted to make a big deal of it, because it seemed HUGE to me!!!

But, I know my oldest daughter. She is emotional. Yes, at 6 years old. This usually is a good thing, as she is also VERY sensitive to others’ needs.

As another example, just s few days ago, she started crying out of the blue. When I asked her what was wrong, she sobbed out, “I’m crying because I miss Great-Grandpa.” He died in Jan. of ’05. She was 4. She BARELY remembers him.

This type of thing happens on a daily basis in our house. She just FEELS things. It is such a wonderful trait, because……..well, it will be something the Lord can USE in her life down the road. And He already has.

Sorry for that little rabbit trail, but, knowing my daughter like I do, I decided not to point out to her that Wednesday night had been her last night in her room.. I wanted it to be a big deal, but w/ her sensitive nature, (made even more sensitive by the fact that she misses her daddy horribly), I knew she could easily
fill a bucket w/ tears!



So, ..........my mamma heart knew that if I made a big deal out of it, she would cry, & often, her tears make me want to cry.......& there we would have been-a big, blubbering mess, while poor little Ruthie looked on in confusion!!!!!!







Seems like every trait that is a good characteristic, can either be used for good, or if we are not taught to use it properly, it can be a huge detriment to us.


Do you see your kids developing traits the Lord can use?

How do you channel these character traits for good?

Any good ideas out there for me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If at first, you don't succeed.........



Try,

Try,

Try,

Again,

and Again!!!!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Did I miss the pics of the finished room?

Kim & Dave said...

No, Tina.

I am not completely done w/ the room, so I was waiting to post .

I still need to paint funiture, & we are going to put their handprints on one of the walls.

It was done enough, though, to get them into it, which I wanted to do in plenty of time before Nathaniel comes home.

Tina said...

Makes sense. Can't wait to see the finished product!

ken said...

uh... MacD's? Good to see SH in your photos. Ana is growing so fast, seems like yesterday you brought her by Baldwin during Vessels when she wasn't even a crawler. Gloria Martin and I are looking for Aunt Dorothy's address. Seems we have one for SA but not her one in the states. May we have help? ken

Kim & Dave said...

Ken-all mail to my aunt is going to my parents' address.

I was just looking at pics of her from that era! Time flies when you're parenting-as you know better than me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...