"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, February 7, 2008

Now Is Your Chance.....

To actually HELP us on our adoption!!!!!
If you would STORM MY SENATOR'S office now, I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!




We have gotten almost nowhere after three days of trying to figure this out.
We are at the end of our ropes & were wondering how many of you could STORM our Senator's office for us-especially if you live in CO, & especially if you read this before their offices open in the morning-I'm assuming around 8 am.



Hereis the link. You have to scroll down a bit.



Put: "David & Kimberly Dillon-Guatemalan Adoption" in the subject line.


Then copy & paste this message:

I am writing on behalf of constituents of yours: David & Kimberly Dillon.They are in the process of adopting from Guatemala and have tried all day yesterday to contact the US Embassy in Guatemala to find out if their Visa Cable 37 made it there.



No one returned any phone calls or e-mails.


The I 171 H was supposed to be sent via the National Visa Center several months ago, but was apparently never sent to the NVC by the USCIS office in Denver.


Could you please contact the US Embassy in Guatemala to make sure this form made it there, and that they will be issued a pink appointment as soon as possible, especially due to the hassle created by the USCIS office not doing what they should have?


Thank you for your attention in this matter.


(your name here)
Thank you to anyone who will help! You blog friends are the BEST!!!



Edited to add:
It won't hurt to contact your own senator's office re. this as well-especially if you live in KS. Aparently, those Senator's got to bat for Guatemalan adoptions!!!!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Kim,
Just sent off the email that you posted for you. Hope they don't mind someone from Australia writing but thought it couldn't hurt. Hope that you hear some news really soon! Will be praying for you...
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Thank-you!

They may do nothing about you writing, but it helps her e-mail box flood this morning!!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...