"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Sunday, August 17, 2008

Family Fun.......

Ok, part of our recent vacation included a get together with Dave’s side of the family.
Dave figured that last time they were all together was when he graduated from High School. Wow!

We left camp on Friday, August 2, & drove to Bowling Green, KY.
There, we met up with Dave’s parents,
his grandparents & his aunt & uncle.

The kids were sufficiently spoiled & loved on.
The pool at the hotel provided diversion for our two biggest fish,
& there were plenty of things to do in the area.

We ate out twice at a yummy catfish place……
& tried out a few other places as well.

We spent some time at a small amusement park
& touring Mammoth Cave on Sunday.

BUT, the biggest event of the weekend,
was that Natty turned one on Saturday.

How did we spend the day?
We went to a dairy & had lunch in the little restaurant.
Then, there was a picnic shelter outside,
where Natty partook of his little cake
(actually, destroyed it in about 15 seconds)
& opened his presents.

Anyway, enjoy this little slide show from our fun time together.
We love you all & had a great time together!


Edited to add:

Aparently, the website I chose added rap music to the slide show.

Rest assured, I did NOT choose the music.

TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the slide show, but was a little put off by the rap soundtrack -- especially the use of "shizzle" and "nizzle" in the second song.

Kim & Dave said...

Great. I didn't put any music on the slide show.....off to warn people.

Anna said...

Wow Kim, great slideshow and you'll be pleased to know I didn't get any rap music as well!!

It looks like you packed lots into your time with your family.

Happy 1st Birthday to Natty as well...he looks like he REALLY loved his cake!!! SO cute.

And Ana looks like she did some fun stuff too rock climbing and going on one of the harness things on a trampoline (not sure what they're called).

Really glad you had a special time with your family.

Take care,
Anna

Andrea said...

No music when I watched it!!

Great show!

The kids are getting so big!!!

Andrea

Jules said...

Wow you have a cute family!! :)

Happy Birthday to Nat!! Loved your pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...