"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne

Are people more important to me than things?

This is what I have been praying about the last few weeks,
as we were encouraged to examine this in our own lives at camp a few weeks ago.

I have been praying, “Lord, show me each person as You view them.”

I have been praying that He would show me ways to put this into practice,
& that He would not let me forget-I want to be changed in this area.

How do you remember this truth
(people matter more than things)?

I need some practical help!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Smile. I struggle with this too, and the only way I've found to combat it is to repeat that phrase to myself over and over...

"People are more important than things. People are more important than things."

Of course I know it's true, and when I say it in my head, my heart changes too.

This is usually needed when my boys spill red popsicle on the carpet or something equally offensive. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...