"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Friday, August 8, 2008

Wow! What Fun!

We had the biggest treat on our vacation!
We had a short visit with our friends we met on our Pick-Up trip for Ruthie’s adoption. Greg, Tina & Toby gave us some of our best times in Guatemala that time around. We spent a lot of time just hanging out together, watching our kids play, eating out etc. They had a washing machine & dryer in their little apartment that was such a blessing for us!

Now, they have also adopted Lili from Guatemala,
& we just missed each other by a week on this Pick-Up trip.
We just had to see each other’s new babies!

And, we had the delight of meeting Tina's mom & cousin, too!
Greg, we missed seeing you, but hopefully we will see you at some point!
Lovely Mama with her little girl!
Ana & Toby sweating it out!
It was at least 95 degrees in the shade (& the humididity-ugg!!!!)

Two beautiful girls & I!

Two mamas, one daddy, one big sister & 4 Guat Tots!!!
Great to see all those babies at home!


It was so fun! Hope to see you guys again soon!!!
Maybe we can spend more than 1 hour together!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love meeting other Guate moms and Dads! Cute kids!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful reunion!! It is amazing the most wonderful people we meet along our journey to complete our families!

Tina said...

I had TONS of fun and I can't wait to do it again. Such cute pics, we'll have to email each other the ones we have.

Kim & Dave said...

Yeah, Tina. My little shutterbug got some good ones, too, so I'll e-mail them to you soon!

Ellie said...

To Cute

Hugs
Ellie

Anna said...

What a special time for you all to catch up again.

Its great isn't it when you can pick up where you left off with good friends when you can't see them that often.

Great photos too!

Hope you're settling in back at home again.

Take care,
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks for checking in on us, Anna!

Robyn said...

Great pics!! Looks like you had lots of fun together!!

Robyn

ANDREEA said...

Thank you for comment on my blog,yes the pictures are beautiful,I don't deny that:))
I love your kids,soooo cutee:))

Stacey and Dewey said...

What a wonderful chance to see some Guat friends. I think the people that come into our lives during our adoption adventure are treasures. If we can see and spend time with them what amazing memories you are making.
Have a great weekend!!
Stacey

Jodi said...

What a nice reunion for all of you! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...