"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Promised Pics.......(the first installment)

Here I sit on the bed late at night, a lightly snoring child beside me…..
Two babies fast asleep in their cribs, & an exhausted hubby on my other side.

We have just finished the second of our LONG days in Bowling Green, KY. (long, I say, because any day with out naps for babies is a LONG day for ANYONE around them! Don’t you agree?)

Long also, because in two days we have:

~Met up with friends we first met in
Guatemala when we adopted Ruthie
~Driven 7 hours
~Celebrated a one year old b-day.
~Visited a dairy
~Swum to exhaustion
~Eaten out 4 times with two babies,
8 adults & one 7 year old
~Gone on two cave tours
~Spent a couple of hours at a small amusement park


Whew! No wonder they are all sleeping!!!!

We have had a BALL on our vacation……
& tomorrow morning early,
we begin our LONG trek back west to the great state of Colorado.

Stay tuned over the next few days as I play catch-up on pics!
This first round is from our week at camp.

Do you know what this first one is?
Click on the picture & see if you can guess.
I’ll give you a hint.

Two of our days……




My cousin Petrina......holding a willing partner.

Ruthie & her friend "M," whose mommy "T" &
I are great friends & we go WAY back.
Fun to see our little girls together!
OK, I ask you WHY, when we finally get everyone dressed up &
looking at the camera.......Does the lense HAVE to fog up?!?!?
And you wonder why I never post family pics!

In the Dining Hall!
Unlike most camps,
this one has a reputation for YUMMY food!

Summer longin'!



My mom, with two of her favorite kids.
My dad was there, too,
but he never stood still long enough for me to get his picture!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry it took so long for me to post pics.
I feel better now that I have filled you all in!
Thanks for checking in on our little family!

5 comments:

Jules said...

Yippee!! I was just thinking of you Sunday and wondered when you'd ever get home. ;)

Love the pics!! Will pray for safe travels today. :hug:

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Joyce! Waht a super friend you are!

Anna said...

Great to see your post Kim and all the wonderful photos too of your holiday. Glad its all gone well...sounds very busy but lots of fun as well which is great.

Praying for safe travelling home...and looking forward to more pics too!!

Take care,
Anna

Stacey and Dewey said...

Wow it looks like you are having a BLAST!!!! Swimming horseback riding, what more do you need? :) Enjoy!!!
Stacey

jacqueline said...

Wow looks like you had a great time at camp. The view from the dining hall hasn't changed.
Jackie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...