"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, March 23, 2009

Sometimes Life is Pretty Sad, You know???

I am having a rather sad weekend.

Within the last 48 hours, we heard that:

~A friend from grade school was found dead in her bed on Thursday morning.
~Friends from church miscarried.
~A friend from my home church suffered a small stoke.
~My dad is having back & eye problems again.

Just…….life stinks sometimes…..know what I mean!!!!

I mean, I know that is the way life sometimes goes, but now…….I’m just worn out!

You know how bad news can do that to you.

I could use some good news-even if it’s yours!!!
So, please-SHARE!!!!!


One thing I DO know:


“Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.”
Psalm 62:8

5 comments:

Anna said...

So sorry to hear all that Kim as it is hard when all these things seem to come all at once.

Well you know our good news and we really appreciate that you're praying for us.

Take care,

Anna

Tina said...

No incredibly good news here. I did find the majority of my suite mates from my feeshman year at OSU so at least that's exciting. Praying for you!

Kim & Dave said...

Yes, Anna!!! Your news makes me sooo excited!

Tina-it's always great to find old friends, isn't it?!?!?

I am feeling a bit better this morning.....the verse at the top of my blog helped me to realise that I only need strength for today! God gives ot to me new each day, & that was so encouraging!

Luke Holzmann said...

Totally know the feeling.

Our son turned seven on Friday and Kyrgyzstan was supposed to have a meeting to talk about adoptions then too. ...we have yet to hear anything more than rumors... and the rumors aren't good.

Hang in there. May this week be full of the joy of life and the hope of tomorrow.

~Luke

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Hi Kim...talked with your mom this afternoon. Your dad is out in the shop with Tim as I write. I tell you - life does seem to just fall apart at times. But like you said as your Blog Verse says / mine says the same...."Through the Lords mercy we are not consumed.." You can add to your list of not fun news this week...Chung fell broke her arm and strained her back yesterday. So many to pray for.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...