"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, March 2, 2009

Blessed??? You Bet I Am!!

We are NOT co-sleepers.

There.

I said it.

I hope I didn’t offend anyone, but I just have to be honest.

I can’t sleep with my kids.

I wake them up.

They wake me up.

& everyone is just generally CRANKY the next day.

But, Friday night…..here in KS, Natty just wouldn’t sleep,
so I drug him into bed with me for a while.

He never fell asleep, but he DID cuddle with me for about an hour from around 3:30-4:30 am.

And for the first time in my life……I just ENJOYED it.

It honestly didn’t bother me to be wide awake…..at 4am.

The next night, though,…….he slept in another room & I moved the girls in with me.

Everyone slept-all through the night.

Ahhhhh……bliss!

BUT, even better-Ruthie slept in the same bed as her mommy. (the bed was too small for Ana & I)

And we both slept…..& cuddled-& slept WHILE we cuddled.

I love my life…….what a treat!

Oh, & by the way, if you click on this picture, you will see on the wall, a rather funny photo of my family from about 20 years ago!!! What BIG hair!!!

3 comments:

Ann-Dray-Uh said...

Big hair indeed! Wow, all of you guys look so different (different in a good way of course)! By the way, big hair was the style back then wasn't it? ;)

Tina said...

Glad you enjoyed it. Toby is a big snuggler and I love it. But Liliana won't sleep if you sleep with her but it sure is nice to cuddle sometimes.

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Heehee! Chris used to say that he'd never let the kids sleep in bed with us. However, we have decided to give up the battle with Garrett, since it means whoever goes to put him back in his bed at odd assorted hours doesn't get sleep. As my hubby has decided, there isn't much sweeter than being snuggled by our little ones! And they won't do it for long -- Garrett already has reverted to sleeping in his own bed all night after a year + of nighttime cuddles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...