"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, February 26, 2009

Natty's Special Day.....

A year home…..

You know, I was thinking the other day-
Natty came home a year ago,
& Ruthie joined our family 2 years ago.

Ana seemed a part of our family as soon as we found out we were expecting her,
in September of 2000.

(Yes, Dave was one of those dads who started talking to her LONG before she was born-& even reading to her! He read all of “Watership Down” to me at nights so she would be born knowing his voice-& you know I think she did!!)

There were two ways our kids joined our family-
Ana was born with our name…..
& the babies were chosen by God to have our last name.

Both routes tied heartstrings together.

& now, they are all just “our kids,” you know?

Each special in their own ways,
& all unique, yes,
but they are all also the same,
because they all share the same people who love them.

& that’s what makes a family-love & commitment.

Here's a picture & a video from Natty’s first “Gocha Day” celebration-
February 23!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He was such a crab!!!
It was almost funny!
We were celebrating his homecoming
& he just screamed at us until I picked him up
& fed him his "Frijoles Negros!"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a memory on your video!! :)

Natty, we are so glad you are HOME!

(((hugs)))

Rebekah said...

Beautiful video memory and I also wanted to say Happy Anniversary Home Natty ... Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

Rebekah and the girls!

Lund7 said...

Happy first anniversary of bringing Natty home! Have a great weekend!!

Hannah said...

Beautiful post! Beautiful family!! My family is made up by birth and adoption too. My oldest brother was adopted and my other brother and I were surprises that showed up a little later.
My mom always said pregnancy and adoption are both beautiful journeys that lead to the same destination!!

Gail said...

Happy Anniversary!! I am just a little behind you.
Gail

vaneblu said...

I love what you wrote, that is what a family really is!!

Robyn said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Anna said...

Happy Gotcha day Natty!!! That is a cute video...Natty wasn't too impressed by the looks of it...your kids are all very adorable.

Hope you're having a great weekend. Ours is just over:(

Take care,
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Anna-no, you are right-he was a CRAB!!! He went straight to bed after we tuned off the camera!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...