"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Compare & Contrast.....just for fun!

Ana & I sat down this morning
& spent time looking at one of her baby books.

When she was a baby, I had time to do all those creative things.

Now, I feel guilty since neither Ruth nor Natty has anything so fancy….but, I remember my mother bemoaning the same thing, & I guess it’s natural. The more kids you have, the harder it is to keep up on things like scrapbooking.

Anyway, she & I had a bunch of fun, looking at how tiny she was & how cute she was, too. The neat thing was, as we were looking through it, there were so many expressions I now see in Ruth or Natty. Or, we noticed how they all gravitated to the same toys.

It reminded me that so much debate is placed on “nature v. nurture,” but in our case, all three kids seem to prove that “nurture” perhaps has more pull than “nature.” Our younger two have just seemed to learn “Dillon” behavior.

Ana really got excited to see clothes on her that Ruth wears now….
& Ruth even recognized a few dresses she now wears.

FUN!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

&, in other news, Ana informed us last night, that she is ready to adopt again!

YIKES!!!! HEAVEN help us!!!!!

Here is one picture of Ana at 10 months.
Ruth now wears the same dress.
At 2.5 years!!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

So sweet! My Mom tells me everyday how much my childrfen act just like me and not even now but when I was their age. Adoption was just the means...we were meant to be a family.

Kim & Dave said...

yep....I so agree, Tina!

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

That's so fun! I'm the fourth out of five kids, so I set the bar way low for myself when it came to baby books/photo albums for my oldest, out of fairness sakes, you know =)

I've always wondered with adoption if the thing that attracts one to a certain child is some sense of familiarity, a recognition of something kindred. Interesting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...