"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursdays Before the Throne....


I have started a study on hope this year.

Just in case you wondered….I seem to need reminding where my hope lies!

One thing you need to know is-hope,
in the Bible isn’t hope in the sense that we use it in English today .

We would say, “I hope I can take a trip soon,” meaning it may or may not happen.

HOPE in the Bible is something that we desire that is guaranteed/promised us.
I need to trust that these promised things ARE coming about.

This is a verse I read the other day:

“That they may set their hope in God,
And not forget the works of God.”
Psalm 78:7

The word “Hope” in this verse is translated “confidence.”

Hope/confidence comes from seeing God’s good works in the past-& that gives us confidence/hope for the future.

So I started a list of His good works in my life:
~He spared our lives in our car accident.
~He spared us from major injury.
~He gave me the dream life I now lead.
~I was a very sick child on death’s door more than once-& God spared my life then as well.
~He brought both my sisters to Colorado Springs to live!!!!
~He provided the means/need for a BRAND NEW VAN-in the color I have always wanted-
BLUE!!! (Well, I really have always wanted a purple car-but I don’t thing they will ever make Honda Odysseys in that color! Ha!!! Ha!!! Blue is the next best thing!)

What would your list of His good deeds in your life include?

As you look at your list, don’t be surprised if it gives you reasons to hope for your future!!!

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

I was guessing it was a new vehicle, but I didn't dare assume [smile]. Way cool!

~Luke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...