"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I had the COOLEST thing happen to me on Saturday!

I had a list of errands to run, & no kids with me to slow me down.

One place I had to go, was a school supply store here in town.

I LOVE these stores!

I don’t know what it is about them……
but there is just SOOOO much to help you be a good teacher.

Posters (which I never buy-don’t want my house decorated in school posters)
Workbooks for everything under the sun
Educational toys
Reward chart/prizes
Teaching aides

Ahhhh-for the teacher in me-that place is heaven on earth!

BUT, on Saturday, I found something even better than that.

I discovered that one of the employees used to teach 2nd Grade!!!

COOL!!!

Do you think I asked her a ton of questions? You bet!

She spent probably an hour with me, showing me various things in the store…..& helping me come up with ideas to help Ana in the two areas I had asked for her help in.

One of them was how to help Ana learn to write.

Here is a result from yesterday:


I know, I know….spelling is far from perfect & we might need a few paragraph separations…..but, the overall plan of her paper, she came up with on her own, & she wrote all the sentences!

I am THRILLED & super excited.

One other thing-I was thrilled & super excited about was-I purchased a pencil sharpener that actually works…..& some pencils that are supposed to be the BEST ON EARTH! So far, so good. Not one comment today like this: “MOOOOM….I don’t have a pencil!”
Pencil

Oh…..& another completely new topic.

I am through the first two areas of my home-
I am LOVING IT!!!

I can’t wait each day, to tackle a new section, majorly de-clutter & re-organize.

I know-I might have a disease! (just kidding!)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun... but really errands w/o kids? Super!!

It was a tad late for us but helped with writing...IEW. :) JP even liked it! ha!!

Anonymous said...

That is great - to be able to run errands with no kids to worry about! Congrats on Ana's progress - I'm sure it has been exciting for both of you. Thanks for joining our meme this week.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting on my blog. I read your entry. It was very moving. I am holding an essay contest about infertility and adoption. For my non profit I am trying to collect numerous stories to help educate the public- mine is one of millions. The details are on my blog
http://parenthoodforme.blogspot.com

I hope you enter.
Thanks,
Erica Schlaefer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...