"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Confession: I have an addiction..

Did that get your attention?!!?

It’s ok….this one’s a good addiction!

It’s the show “Adoption Stories,” on Discovery Health.

(See, I told you this addiction is alright!)

I know why I like it, too.

I can soooo relate to many of those peoples’ stories!

The agony of loosing a baby…..& the agony of month after month of no new baby on the way. Those were some of the hardest times in my life.

When they shed those tears of happiness as their new child is placed in their arms-
I just know……I KNOW that feeling.

And as I thought about it, I remembered that after Ana was born,
I did a lot of watching “A Baby Story,” on TLC.

I realized that I like both the shows because it helps me to REMEMBER how I felt after becoming a mother each time.

I think it’s important to remember……
I never want to forget (in each of my childrens’ cases)
how that feeling of relief/joy felt….

Do you have ways you use to REMEMBER the emotions of those life-changing moments?

2 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

Hmm... I like Lost and Chuck, so what does that say about my memories? [laughing]

That's a great point. I'm not sure what I do to remember--if I do at all. This is probably an area I need to grow in considering by looking back on the faithfulness of God we can look forward to His faithfulness in the future.

~Luke

Kim & Dave said...

Yes, Luke.....it has really been something the Lord has been working on me to do. He tells us in His Word to "remember" many times.

Heee! Heeee!!! Don't start on "Adoption Stories," or you'll have to add that to your list of "must-sees" Even my hubby loves the show!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...