"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, February 2, 2009

Ana “wakes up” her mother....

Ana has begun to voice an opinion about things like hair
(who authorized her growing up enough to CARE about her hair ANYWAY!?!?!)

Since she now cares about it, we have many discussions in front of the bathroom mirror about what matches her outfit, how she wishes she had curly hair & how she is tired of the one small ponytail on top (“Mom, can we PLEASE do something else?!?!”)

So, a few mornings ago, I was brushing her hair
…..preparing to head out on one of our many “mom taxi” outings.

Running the brush through her hair (while Ruth stood on the toilet trying to get to the sink & Natty clung to my legs) we were having our usual discussions.

& she pipes up, “Mom, can we cut bangs for my hair? Then it would be just like yours & I would like to be just like you. I want to be just like you, Mom!”

WHAT?!?!?

Run that by me one more time!!!

She wants to be just like me!

Oh, my!

I had better watch my steps!


Made me think of a poem given to me by my sister in law,
back when Ana was a newborn:

"The Little One That Follows Me"
Author: Unknown


A careful woman, I ought to be;
Some little ones now follow me.
I do not dare to go astray,
For fear they'll go, the self-same way.

I cannot once escape their eyes,
For what they see me do, they'll try.
Like me, they say, they're going to be,
These little ones that follow me.

They think that I am good and fine;
Believe in every work of mine.
The bad in me they best not see;
My life, to them, should an example be.

I must remember, as I go,
Through summer's sun and winter's snow,
I'm building for the years to be,
Those little ones that follow me.


She emphasized the point to me by requesting that she & I go out on a date
“since I usually do that with Dad, Mom, & I think you & I should go out!”

So, today, after church, she & I headed out to the new “Golden Arches” by our house-& you know what? As I sat there at one of the “high tables,” & conversed with her about the other kids at the restaurant & anything else her random stream of consciousness brought up, I realized……” I AM building for the years to be!!!”

Oh, dear Father in heaven…..grant me wisdom as I raise these precious gifts from you!!!



2 comments:

Anna said...

What a special time for you Kim with Ana. Such a great post and I loved that poem...scarily so true!!!

Love the photo of you and Ana together.

Take care,
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Anna!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...