"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Friday, February 6, 2009

Melting.....


Melting……

Here we were….last summer, melting in Kentucky……
& right now, all I wish is that we could be melting again! I’m tired of winter!!!!

I couldn’t help but think every time I considered what to write this week of the part in “The Wizard of OZ,” where the witch says, “I’m melting!! I’m melting!!!”

Growing up in Kansas, we watched a lot of that movie…..
& you know, I have never really liked it that much.

I don’t know if it was the monkeys, or the wizard…..or what.
None of it appealed to me much.

Anyone else agree with me?

New topic:

Ana has become a social butterfly, apparently!

She has two “overnights” planned for this weekend.

Do you do overnights?
I know some people that never let their kids spend the night anywhere.

(Now, we are super careful about where she does spend the night-
lest you think she can go anywhere she wants-ha!!!)

I had so much fun as a kid when I got invited to “spend the night/have a slumber party” as a kid-well, except for those few where a bunch of girls who didn’t get along stayed up WAAAAY to late & got cranky! Ha!!! Ha!!!

How do you decide which of these activities your kids are going to do?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss winter and want it gone...IN ohio it can snow up until may!!!

Have a great weekend,leslie

Marlene said...

I too need warmth. I am ready for spring the day after New Year's Day.
Have a great weekend!
Marlene

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Hummm...I must say my only opinion of the Wizard of Oz is.....that it made an impression on me that KANSAS was not the state anyone should live in! And where but do I end up living - KANSAS! Of course Kim if we hadn't come you, your sisters and Paula would never have become such great friends, your dad & Tim wouldn't be good friends and Oh, my what would my life be without your Mom..she's a hoot!
You could come home to KS for a bit.......were in the upper 60's / low 70's to warm up......then you could say!
We're back in Kansas - Toto!

Lund7 said...

How old is Ana? I let my kids start having sleepovers when they are around 8 or 9..but only with close friends that I know well and then only about 2 per year. If my kids had their way, they would want sleepovers every weekend but I dread the crabbiness the whole next day because they stayed up too late and are exhausted once they are back home! I have to say the teen years are getting harder!!

vaneblu said...

I didnt like the wizard of oz movie, but I remember liking the cartoons when I was little :p
About sleep over, I think every girl should go to at LEAST one sleepover in her life, those are great memories now that I am older!

Christine said...

Ok - this is going to sound weird BUT I was reading your comment that you made on my blog and I accidently hit the "reject" button. :( I didn't get to finish reading your comment. It was about the verse. IF you remember and get a chance...would you mind writing it again? :) Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...