"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, February 16, 2009

He Has Slowed Me Down.......

I used to have "My Agenda,"
which I wanted my kids to follow.

For some reason, though,
child #3 just
sloooooooowed me
waaaaaay down.

He was crabby in the middle of the night the other night.
We had had a babysitter-which we wish we did more often,
but, in reality almost never do.


Around 11pm, he started crying & just wouldn't stop.


The babysitter had told us he'd been kinda cranky, so I was expecting it a bit.

Anyway, turns out......he was all out of sorts for quite a while,
& I finally went in & picked hime up to feed him a bottle.

I rocked & fed him.......& wonder of wonders......
He fell asleep on my shoulder.

I sat there in the dark for a while & enjoyed that soft breathing coming from my baby.......& THANKED GOD.......He knew just what I needed.

I needed to SLOW down & enjoy my kids-
I guess with three-you kinda HAVE to slow down or you'll go insane!

(no comments from the peanut gallery about whether or not I am insane-ok!?!? Ha!!! Ha!!!!)

3 comments:

Lois said...

I think it's so neat how the Lord gives us gentle reminders--many times from our kids on what's really important. I think even in the diversity of personalities of our kids he uses that to accomplish His purpose in removing the "rough edges" that we have.

BTW....tell your sisters hello from me. :-)

Kim & Dave said...

I so agree, Lois! & I will tell them hi!

Anna said...

That was a special moment Kim!
We can just get so busy can't we and focussed on our 'to do' list we often forget to stop and actually enjoy our kids.
Thanks for that reminder!

Take care,
Anna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...