"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Help For the Home" Harvest of Ideas

Here's another tip I have gotten-not sure where I heard it first......but THIS one is essential.

LABEL EVERYTHING........yes, EVERYTHING.
Here is one example of part of a closet in my house now:
(I know the sticky-notes are un-readable--unless you click on the photo!)
This helps EVERYONE in the house know where "away" is for EVERY article-
without having to ask you!!
Now......how about the "littles" in your house?
For them, I had Ana draw simple pics to go on the labels-
along with the word-so now, even babies know what their drawers are for!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget to leave me a comment with YOUR ideas......& I'll link YOUR blog!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks, Tina!

3 comments:

Tina said...

To add onto your idea...it's something I've done for years in my preschool classroom. Take a picture of what in the bin or on the shelf. Put it in a word document, write the name of it underneath (so the littles start to recognize letters), cover it with contact paper and stick it on there. It holds up longer.

Kim & Dave said...

Oooohhh........contact paper-never thought of that!!

I do have pictures/words taped on with packing tape-but you're right-for the kids, the contact paper would wold up better.

Kim & Dave said...

Oh.....& I used sticky notes because I wanted to be able to change the labels easily in that particular area......but that's the nice thing about organizing-you use what works-for you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...