"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursdays Before the Throne

I discovered something this week.

HOPE comes from KNOWING the goodness of God in my life.

I attend a Bible Study each Tuesday morning where we were challenged this week to share the goodness of God in our lives with 5 other people.

Well, I have a blog that I *think* at least 5 people a day read! (If not, I’ll never know about today, huh?? Unless I get 5 comments in my comment section).

Anyway, I am sharing my list of ways God has shown me His goodness.

Can you share yours with me?

~Of course, I am thankful for Jesus Christ’s Death, Burial & Resurrection.
Without it, I would be on my way to a lost eternity in hell.

~Goes without saying that I am thankful for my family & friends.
But here’s where I wanted my list to be different & unique to ME!

~I am thankful I live in Colorado & can load up my kids & drive to the mountains in 40 minutes time. I love to hike & be outdoors, so this is a HUGE demonstration to me of God’s goodness in my life.

~I am thankful to have had my eyes opened to the needs of people the world over-through the miracle of adoption, I traveled places I never would have seen without it.

~I am thankful to have both sisters living here. One sister-because she spoils my kids (the single one) & one with her hubby & three boys-who also spoil my kids……but most importantly, the cousins have eachother!

~I am thankful we have all pretty much recovered from our car accident back in Jan., & that Ruth no longer criticizes my driving!!!

~I am thankful that we have a brand new BLUE van (which is a color I thought Dave would never agree to-love you, Dear, but you were pretty opinionated that THAT wasn’t a color you EVER wanted…..ha!!! ha!!!!!)

~I am thankful that I get to use my Elementary Ed. Degree to home school Ana.
What a great privilege!!

~I am thankful to hear birds the last few mornings
(& I’m thankful I have ears to hear them!!)

My list could get much longer…..but I am more interested how YOU see the goodness of God demonstrated in your life!
Don’t be afraid to leave me a long list in my comments!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally-
do you notice a difference in this picture
& the one I posted earlier this week?
(Thanks, Grandad, for your "Fix-it Foto Capabilities!")

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...