"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Few Pics......& A Few Thoughts........

We all slept well last night-considering.
I did wake up some with pain,
but was able to get 6 hours of sleep or so.

For the first time ever, we let Ruthie & Ana sleep together.

They were both still pretty shook up.

We went over to some friends’ house for dinner last night, & every time we went over a bump, Ana put her head in her coat, & Ruthie fussed out, “Ana, hode you my hand!!!”
They fell asleep almost immediately
When we went to the ER yesterday, we split the kids up.

I took Ruth & Dave took Ana & Natty.

The nurse obliged us by taking a picture of Ruth & I in our neck braces.
Ruth is showing you her cut tongue.
A few thoughts made it hard to sleep last night.

(Please let me vent-can’t believe I already need that “Cheap Therapy” again!)

Of course, the MOMENT kept re-playing itself in my head. I’m just glad it happened so fast I barely had time to think! At least I don’t have a whole lot a “thoughts & actions” of mine to re-play, know what I mean?!?!

The frustration of not being able to THINK clearly afterward-except to have Ana call 911.
But, I couldn’t think how to call my sisters, or what the name of my nephew’s school was!

And I keep thinking, “Could I have avoided them if I had been paying better attention?” I KNOW it was the other guys fault, legally, but…….still!

Why did I stop at the ATM before heading up to get my nephew????
If I had just gone straight up there, our paths would never have collided!!!

Anyway…..I don’t want to be paralyzed by these thoughts-it’s good to re-think it a bit, but I don’t want it to stop me from functioning, you know?

Here is one of my favorite verses……& it applies in this situation, too!

“Commit you works to the Lord,
And your thoughts will be established.”

Proverbs 16:3

Check back later for pics of the van!


12 comments:

Andrea said...

I am praying for you and checking your blog more than daily now for updates....

Sigh.

The re-thinking WILL get better. But it'll take awhile you know....

Andrea

Tina said...

Kim I think it is natural to think of all those types of things after anything that doesn't go-the-way-we-plan happens, kwim. KNow that I am with you in spirit and if you need to vent more fully you know how to find me.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. How scary this whole thing must have been. I'm so sorry. Praying for healing and that you can take your thoughts captive.

Anonymous said...

Keep holding each other and loving on your littles. Praying for peace in all of your hearts!!

more gentle hugs...

Unknown said...

So glad you all are safe.
No need to apologize for putting your thoughts out there.
Getting them out of the head is good :o)
God Bless,
Paula
PS Brain freeze is normal in emergencies. It happens to many people.

Tara said...

So sorry to hear about your accident, but SO thankful you are all okay! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Joe, Tara, & Gabi

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Back again Kim........
Nothing wrong with going over so many things about the accident. The what if's, etc...it helps in the healing.
The pictures are mighty sweet.
Take it easy over the next week..don't push yourself.
Love, Pam

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Hey Kim......
Just read Tim your blog your venting, etc..
Here's what his comment is....about the what if's.
C.S. Lewis in the Chronicles of Narnia says....
"We are never told what how it would have been"......good thought to think on.
We can't recall which of the books it's in.
But a good thought in deed. If we were to know things ahead we would most likely run, say no, no I don't want that in my life. But the Lord is kind in not revealing these things to us...but gives us the GRACE to get through and move forward.
Trust all the buuumps and bruises are healing quickly for you all.
Pam & Tim

jenica said...

Ohhhh Kim! I'm so sorry this happened.
Andy and I are just reading this now.

Funny, too, I was just thinking about you tonight as we had a clip of you and Ana on a home dvd we were watching.

I'll pray that you can come to peace in this trauma and that fear wouldn't hold you (I know I would really struggle with that).

Blessings to Amy - she is a good friend!

Love to you, Dave and the little ones.

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks sooo much everyone!

Dave & I feel very blessed. We have an amazing group of people praying for us-friends we know & friends we've never met!

Brings tears to my eyes!

Anna said...

Kim,

I have just looked at the pics of your car!!!! God definitely was looking after you all!!!

SO thankful you're ok and praying you and the kids will be able to cope and heal physically and emotionally.

Thinking of you all and praying for you lots!

Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Anna-thanks so much for your continued prayers. They mean so much to our family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...