"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wordless Wednesday........."Failure to Thrive?!?!" I ask you???

Once again....you know I can HARDLY EVER be "Wordless," right??
Why else would I have a BLOG, huh??
This is the 3 & 1/2 pound baby I fell in love with.

This video was taken before Christmas......& he is NOW a PRO at walking!!!


7 comments:

Tina said...

He is such a cutie! So sorry you have to go through all this. He's always worth it though.

Lois said...

Hey Kim! I came across your blog the other day and thought it would be fun to reconnect again. I can't even remember that last time I saw or talked to you. It's fun to see your family and catch up with what you are up to.

I thought I would comment on this post because my husband, Jeremy, was diagnosed with "failure to thrive" when he was a baby too. He is anything but that now. :-) He was very tiny and the Drs. decided that something must for sure be wrong. It wasn't the case--his mom just had very tiny babies. So anyway, hope that can be an encouragement to you.

Also, saw about your accident--so sorry about that. My sister-in-law exactly 1 year ago was on her way to have her baby by C-section and hit an icy patch on the road and rolled her SUV. She had her 3 little girls in the car at the time. I know it took them quite awhile to be able to ride in the car without being very upset and terrified. They are good now but it is definitely a traumatic thing to go through.

Bye for now...

Kim & Dave said...

Lois!!! How fun to hear from you!

Thanks for your encouraging words, too! Yeah, I would say your hubby is far from "failure to thrive!!"

Thanks for your continued prayers for our recovery from our accident, too!

Violet said...

What a doll! Glad to here he is walking now! Thanks for commenting on my blog, the little man with my Grandmohter is my 1 and ONLY nephew, Zackery. He is my heart heart outside my body! He just turned 17 months and we are still waiting for him to start walking!

Violet

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Kim.....that video is just absolutely adorable...and Natty doesn't come anything close to "failure to thrive"! That doc is nutz! He's one healthy looking boy.
And....wow..Lois on here! Blogging sure can bring surprises along the way.
And, Natty's new born pic...my oh my it just made me want to grab him right out of the picture and cuddle / hug that new baby smell!

Kim & Dave said...

Pam-Isn't that fun to run into people in blogger-land?

I am sure relieved to find that others agree with me!!! The goofy thing is, she's comparing him to other USA babies-not Guatemalans he SHOULD be compared with!!!

Angie's blog said...

ahhh thats so neat! Great post! You give us all hope!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...