"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Cold" & Venting a bit!!!

In keeping with FFF, here is my picture-“Cold.”

These girls are the best of friends-

& we have gone to Christmas Lights at the Zoo for several years together.
(I love the look of wonderment in a few of their eyes!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, can you bear with me a bit?

I need to vent, & hey, as my friend Andrea says, “This blog is cheap therapy for me!”

(partly because my blogger friends play the part of psychologists,
though, so let me know what you think! Ha! Ha!!)

I hate that I keep having to take my little guy to the doctor!
Blue
He has had diarrhea for over a month.

Well, I guess for the last week, he hasn’t.

We took him off all milk products & put him on soy.

But, today, he had an appointment with the gastroenterologist.

They ordered a complete battery of tests, including TONS of bloodwork-
read mommy having to hold him down while they draw multiple vials of blood.

Stool samples (not going into detail here-for your benefit!)

& finally, an ultra sound.

Sometimes I hate that we have no medical history on our kiddos' birth family.
(well, except we do have Ruthie’s medical history!
So at least they have eachother's histories, right??)

But, I am sooooo thankful to God for a medical community that wants to be thorough!

Praying we can get some good, solid answers-know what I mean?



16 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim,
Poor little guy, and poor you!!

Would it be possible to go to your local breast milk bank, and put Natty on that for awhile, rather than soy?
Processed foods of any kind can be especially hard on a little one, and he is likely not absorbing much of anything at this point.
Is he eating grains yet?
Paula

Kim & Dave said...

Paula-we have also thougth about trying goat's milk, but it is all so expensive-know what I mean?

Right now, I am just starting to get some sense of normalcy back-once things calm down a bit & we get test results back in a few weeks, we will know how to proceede!

Kim & Dave said...

Oh, & yes, he is eating grains-one thing they ARE testing for as soon as we get the bloodwork done is Celiac!! If that is what it turns out to be, at least I already know an awful lot about it!

Unknown said...

Waiting for Steve get home, so I am on the puter again.
Celiacs is a possibility. But little ones do not have the enzymes to properly absorb, let alone tolerate grains until after age 3.
I've got the research on this if you like.

You do have a dairy that provides organic raw milk to the Springs.
I sent Shannon the info.
Check and see what their prices are.

I am a natural nutrition freak now, if you have not guessed.
I am always studying LOL!

Unknown said...

Oh, as to expense, proper food is less costly in the long run than continual dr visits, KWIM?

Tina said...

So very sorry that you're little guy has to go through all this. Both of mine have gone through long battles of dirrehea. Toby had it for months after he came home. I'm glad that the doctors are being thorough. I will say some prayers for all of you.

Anna said...

Praying for Natty and for you as you go through all these tests! Its so hard when they're sick.

And thats ok...feel free to vent anytime!! I'll listen to you my friend!

Anna

Anonymous said...

Poor guy! I know how you feel. I used to have to take my oldest son to the doctor constantly for stomach problems. He had to have many tests (through the back end! cant remember what they call it) to where we had to hold him down as well. Guess what they found? Nothing! He eventually outgrew it!

I hope they find your little guys problem soon!

Gail said...

Johanna has been on lactose-free formula and will be switching to lactose-free milk soon. Hope you find something that works for you little guy soon.
Gail

Luke Holzmann said...

May you get helpful answers from the doctors after all that. Amen!

We haven't run into any medical issues with our kids yet--since they're still in Kyrgyzstan [snicker]--but I can totally relate to the not knowing anything issue. The "medical histories" that we got included:

Head circumference, their height at some point in time, and their birthdate. ...and little else.

Informative [smile].

Hang in there! And, yes, I'm also thankful for the opportunities we have to be tested and seen by doctors.

~Luke

Rebekah said...

Oh I am so sorry for your little guy! I can not imagine how crummy he feels and how aggravating it is to not know what wrong since us mommas are supposed to fix things ... I hope he starts feeling better soon - and mom too ... I do love your cold outside photos ... thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

Rebekah

Sarah said...

Poor little guy! Hope he is better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family...Yes its very hard not knowing what the future might hold for our guate babies!!!!
I pray that all goes well ..and vent away!

Hugs,Leslie

Jaime said...

Hope he is okay!

Our little girl had trouble for the first year with formula then milk- so we switched to soy for 9 months (still w/ stomach issues) and thankfully she has moved back to regular milk with no problems two months ago. :)

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Just glanced further down at your blog.......I tell you Kim that pic of Ana and her friends, Natty and Ruthie in the stroller really made me laugh and bring back memories of Northern Minnesota. Natty is bundled to the gills to the point he probably can't move much....how well I remember those days and peep holes to breathe thru!!!!

Robyn said...

What a great pic!! Sorry your little guy isn't feeling well. Hope you get some answers soon!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...