"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, January 22, 2009

"New"

That is the “topic” of today’s FFF.

For me, all I could think of at first was:
We will soon be getting a new one of these,
due to the accident we were in-yes-
a FULL two weeks ago!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But, then I realised……I now have a NEW perspective on life!

These two verses from God’s Word come to mind as I pondered this week's theme:

Then He who sat on the throne said,
“Behold, I make all things new.”
Revelation 21:5

&

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ,
he is a new creation;
old things have passed away;
behold, all things have become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17

Now……with this NEW outlook:

I am getting down on the floor & throwing balls with my son.
I am dancing with my two year old a bit more.
(& PRAYING that in one of her clumsy moments
she doesn’t fall into my still VERY sore chest!-ha!!! Ha!!!)
& I am playing quick games of “Blink” with my seven year old.

I am stopping to smell their soft necks-fresh from the tub.

I am listening to all they say-even the difficult to understand ones!

I am cuddling up on the couch with the kiddos to watch things like “Cars.”

I am hugging my hubby more & he’s hugging me a bit more-

although all hugging with me these days has to be gentle-
I keep thinking of the line in the “Princess Bride” where Wesley tells Buttercup as he’s recovering from being “mostly dead”- “Gently!”

(ok...this I just had to include cause it CRACKED ME UP!!!
That movie is FULL of great lines, isn't it???)


13 comments:

Tina said...

Love the new outlook. And I love the sleeping pics...is there anything sweeter?

Anonymous said...

Love the name tag!
I hope you get your new car soon!
Have a great weekend!

Luke Holzmann said...

Oh yes, I love The Princess Bride [smile].

~Luke

Anonymous said...

I love Honda cars ..i have the CRV but i have lots of kids now so i had to get a BIGGER one..i want the odsessy one day!!!

Love the pics of your sweet sleeping babies!

hugs,Leslie

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

Ahhh, smell that? It's the new car smell that will soon turn into a goldfish haven.
Enjoy it! My bus(2008 Sequoia) still has the new car smell after 7months...I've been obsessed with keeping it clean tho the kids love to fight me on it!
Enjoy it-and try to throw the terrible memories away with the old car. Glad you are all OK. Sheesh!

Sarah said...

I LOVED my Odyssey that I sold a few years back for an SUV. Now, I wish I had it back! Love the sleeping kiddos pics!

I fixed your Mr. Linky.

vaneblu said...

you always have such cute pics of your babes :)
Also about the failure to thrive post: I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU, here in Dominican Republic (I am a doctor) the curve is different from the US, so your baby should be compare to the curve in the country he was born, PLUS if he was small for gestational age it is totally normal he doesnt fit the curve now! he is such a cutie and looks healthy too!

Angie's blog said...

The care is beautiful. I wated to get one of them a few years back and they were very$$$$$. They are great cars!! The safety rating on them is excellent! Sorry to hear about your 7 year old struggling with the trauma of the accidentt.

Hannah said...

What a great outlook...it is one we should all take a little more of. I hope everyone is feeling better after the accident and here's to the new (soon to be) van!!

Lund7 said...

I especially enjoyed the Bible verses to remind us about "newness" in our lives!

Debbie said...

Love your post! You are right, God makes everything new!!

Thanks for stopping by ours...

Debbie

Anita said...

We do need to stop and take time with our kids. Your sleeping pictures are adorable.

Anonymous said...

I wondered when your new wheels would be arriving. Sorry you had to get them the hard way!

Love the sleeping kiddo pix. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...