"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Almost a "Wordless Wednesday"

Our "milk-free" boy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor baby! This is what we deal with every time we get in the car.

(for some reason, Blogger loaded some jammin music-not the sound that should be there.
I'll try loading it some other way later).


Tonight, Ana will not be in the car with her, so whose hand will she hold then?

(she is crying in the video to hold Ana's hand-

Ana never let go of it in the first place!)

I don't think this is normal-is it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, ending with a verse I read this morning:

"The Lord will give strength to His people,

The Lord will bless His people with peace."

Psalm 29:11

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is "tonight". Praying for some peace for your drive.

Ana is a beautiful singer and I noticed that Ruthie was quieter with her singing.

(((hug)))

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Yes, normal Kim, normal normal, normal!!! She'll get over it. Just going to take time, lots of gentle love and patience... I must say Ruthie was so sweet even in all the tears. Humm, does Ruthie have any particular children's bible music she likes? Play it in the van each time you go..you never know it just might help.

Kim & Dave said...

Well, The drive went worse than ever, Joyce! :(

Keep praying!

Pam-we have been playing Micheal Card-which usually CALMS the entire car-but so far no luck!

I know you are praying, too!
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Those videos hurt. Her smiling face survived falling out of her booster seat at Golden Corral; this accident has been a totally unnecessary addition to her Terrible Twos. (See, Kim? We're moving on to anger now. Acceptance isn't far away.)

A year or so before Mother was married, she was sideswiped by a tractor-trailer on a busy two-lane road and was in the hospital for several months. For the rest of her life, whenever we would be in a lane-reduced construction zone on any kind of highway, she would get agitated and start crying.

Hopefully, this will be a long-forgotten event by the time she's older.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! The video made me so sad for her! I think it's normal, though. Probably something only time and patience will erase. How wonderful that she can express her feelings so well, though. I'm sad, I'm scared...there are many older kids who wouldn't be able to articulate what they were feeling.

Kim & Dave said...

Brad & Karen-thanks for your continued prayers! Every day is a new day-so we will see what today holds!

Anna said...

Oh the poor little darling...she is so sad isn't she!! And Ana is so sweet with her singing to her so beautifully.

Praying for Ruthie and all of you as you try and process and heal from this.

Take care and hang in there.

Anna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...