"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goodbye, 2008! You were one of the best years of my life!

Hmmmm……how to sum up 2008.

Well……I think most of my blog regulars would know that the most significant thing that happened to us occurred on
February 26th, 2008, in Guatemala City, Guatemala.

Natty, our “surprise” baby, officially joined our family that day.

But, so much more happened, too.

More little things……that all add up to big things!

But, I won’t bore you to death & list all our little things
-you know what they are,
because everyone has their own “little things that add up to big things,” right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The last night of 2008, we spent just like most of our nights.

All of us at home.

Last year, we went to some friends’ house
(which was great….got my mind off the child
we had waiting for us a *few* miles south of the border!)

The year before that, we spent in Guatemala
(which you may recall was with our first adoption).

This year, we NEEDED to just be home-
no frills & nothing fancy!
I’m sure some of you understand!

We made nachos,
the girls drank little ½ sized Cokes
(perhaps their favorite part of the night!),
Soda 2
watched movies (the Absent Minded Professor-great old movie)

& watched the fire works off Pike’s Peak from our bedroom window(the only one in the house you can see the mountain from!)

Fireworks

It was so cuddly, though……Dave, Ana & I, seated on the bed, the lights off,
the moon lighting up the night sky while we waited in our PJs for the fireworks to commence!

(& no, the babies didn’t even come close to mid-night-not even Ruth with her Coke!!!)

Tomorrow (Friday)……all the decorations will be packed away,
we will say goodby to our “Charlie Brown Christmas,
& the door on 2008 will close in my mind.

I don’t see how 2009 could be much better than 2008,
but I think we all will find the good in our new year…….
especially if we keep our eyes wide open for the blessings God is sure to shower upon us…..
just as He did in 2008……& every year before that!



Do not [earnestly] remember the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up;
do you not perceive it?
Isaiah 43:18 & 19


Here is our favorite picture from 2008:

& head over to Sarah’s blog for more!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of 2008 its all about our kids !!!

Im sure will 2009 will be just as special as 2008!

Hugs,Leslie

Tracy said...

That sums up what all of it is about, doesnt it?

Anna said...

What a lovely way to 'see out' 2008and 'see in' 2009!

God has certainly blessed you as a family with your beautiful children!!

All the best for 2009!!

God Bless,
Anna

Jill said...

Have a great New Year!!! Awesome picture of your family!

nora said...

What a great picture of all of you! Happy 2009!

Tina said...

2008 was a great year. We are taking off 2009...no new things. Just time to be a family of four for now. (Unless something unexpected happens) Love your pic.

Anonymous said...

Wow - fireworks over Pikes Peak! Terrific! Happy New Year, dear ones!!

Robyn said...

What a great pic!! Happy New Year!!

Lilysmom said...

Wonderful pictures! Happy New Year!

vaneblu said...

that picture is beautiful! Beautiful family!

Sarah said...

Beautiful family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...