"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Sunday, December 14, 2008

“A Charlie Brown Christmas”

Or….the story of how we solved our Christmas tree dilemma.

(the dilemma of a 16 mo old in the house-
who LOVES to take things apart-
& loves to BANG-on anything & everything)

Here we are in front of our tree:

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

Just kidding!!

Here is our real tree this year.



Why spend money on a tree that may be destroyed…..
when your brother-in-law will cut one down for you from his yard, right????

As long as we can look at it & hear Linus saying,

“And there were in the same country,
shepherds keeping watch over there flocks by night…..”


Stay tuned later this week to see it decorated!!!











6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture of you & Dave - you look marvelous!!

Your tree is cute! :) I had also heard of getting a really sharp one but that didn't work here. I think you'll have fun anyway and just look at how happy the girls are with the tree. :)

This too shall pass....
at this point I'm just hoping JP will bring the boxes up from the basement for decorating. :) In a few years, I'll be on my own!

Tina said...

oh my gosh, you weren't kidding. I love trees like that and you were definately smart. Bonnie and Clyde have beening wrecking havic on my tree.

Kim & Dave said...

Joyce-I don't thing a prickly tree would have worked around here, either!

We do have a fence around it, too!

Tina-got any pictures of the "havoc?"

Unknown said...

The resemblence is uncanny.....;o)

We just brought ours home. Stayed tuned for "how one harvests a christmas tree in Alaska".
Paula

Angie's blog said...

Gotta love the Charlie brown Chrstmas trees:)

Becca said...

OMG - I love your tree!!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...