"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne

Ok….so something I have learned about love…..

Some of you may roll your eyes & say,
“It took you that long to figure this out?!?
What is WRONG with you?!?!?"

That’s ok…..I can take it. I know-I’m a slow learner!

Most of the time, you have to CHOOSE to ACT loving.

Even if you don’t FEEL loving.

I know, some of you are shaking your heads in amazement, thinking,
“Hasn’t she ever read 1 Corinthians 13?!?!”

~When your kids WHINE through everything you want them to do-ALL DAY LONG
(& yes, I did let them reap the consequences of their whining!)

~When your baby is crying through his whole nap
(instead of sleeping, like any other human being would who has been up since 5:30 this morning!!!)

~When your hubby wants your computer (hey, didn’t you buy this for me, dear???)

~When your little girl follows you around the house SCREAMING at you,
“Mommy, hode you!! Mommy, hode you!!”

~When kids are sick & cranky. When I’M sick & cranky. (No, me?? Never!)

These are times I need to choose to act loving!

But, you know what amazes me?

When I choose to act loving, Christ fills me with His love for them!

“Commit your works to the Lord,
And your thoughts will be established.”
Proverbs 16:3

I have been trying to get loving thoughts…..
& THEN DO what I should.
But, this verse seems to suggest I need to DO the RIGHT (loving) acts,
& THEN GOD will put my heart in the right place.

SO…..today, I (with God’s help & the Holy Spirit’s reminders)
will choose to act loving to those the Lord puts in my path.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...