"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, December 11, 2008

Another Trip Down Memory Lane......

We are coming up on our SECOND “Gotcha Day”
(the term we in adoption circles use to refer to the day our child was placed in our arms)
with Ruthie!!!

I can hardly believe it!

Seems like yesterday-until I see how Ana has changed since then!

(Of course Ruth has changed, too, but you expect that out of a baby, right?)



I have such a good feeling when I look at this picture in front of the Christmas tree at the Guatemala City Marriott.
It was taken right after our Embassy Appointment.
Matter of fact, as I brouse other people's blogs,
when I see other people's pictures in front of this same tree......
all the memories of relief & JOY we felt come flooding back.
Anybody else do things like that?
(Run over to Sarah's blog for more FFF!)
Looks like her link isn't up yet.....check back later!

3 comments:

Anna said...

I love your photos Kim. Both Ana and Ruth look so little and Ruth is so teeny, and tiny in Dave's arms in the photo in front of the tree. What a little doll she is. And you all look SO happy in these pics...such special moments.

Happy Gotcha day Ruthie!!
We remember 'Gotcha days' too for our girls!

Take care,
Anna

Tina said...

Hey I took that first picture! I remeber those days as if it were yesterday. And even though we don't talk on the phone or see other daily...I know I came out of that trip with not only the best gift God had given me but also friends for life. Love you guys...and maybe one day we can all go back to Guatemala together.

Kim & Dave said...

Yes, Tina! I SOOOOO agree!!! I was thinking a bunch about you guys as I went through pictures.

Do you know where that first picture was taken? When we all went out for dinner together!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...