"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, December 18, 2008

2 Years Together-today!!!

2 years ago today, we FINALLY became a family of four.
Tonight's celebratory supper-
Guatemalan food,
start to finish!!!
Happy "Gotcha Day," Ruthie!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I remember vividly all the emotion surrounding that time.

Searching frantically for airline tickets to Guatemala City
to get there before our foster family went on vacation.

Getting THE LAST AVAILABLE ticket on United before Christmas,
one week before Christmas.

(& wouldn’t you know-God got us a First Class ticket, too!)

For those who don’t know the story,
I went down a week before Christmas hoping I could get our US Embassy appointment moved up to right before the Holiday
-since Ana & Dave were still at home.

Ana & Dave flying in &
Ana meeting her new sister as she walked out of the airport in Guatemala City-
Christmas Eve night, while fireworks lit the night sky!

Only God could arrange something so amazing!!!!

Here are a few pictures from that week I was by myself……
& then-“the fulfillment of all our dreams picture!”-
the one in front of the Christmas Tree in the Guatemala City Marriott.
Taken Christmas Day, 2006.





& because it's my blog.....& I like to tell you more than you probably want to know (Haa! Ha!!!).....................



I went through my old journals today & looked for the date we discovered I was pregnant with Ana. That will be her "Gotcha Day" celebration! August 23. I know the minute I found out she was on her way-I felt she was MINE-so that is a "Gotcha Day," right?

(for more FFF, head over to Sarah's blog. She just got back from a mission trip to Guatemala.)


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 2 amazing years!!! We just celebrated our 2 years in nov...

hugs,leslie

Tina said...

These next few weeks hold SO many memories. Happy Forever Family Day!

Kim & Dave said...

Tina-you are SOOO right! When is Toby's Day?

Luke Holzmann said...

Yay! Happy Gotcha Day!

~Luke

Anonymous said...

Happy Gotcha Day!! Ruthie looks so excited and happy in that 1st picture! :)

Dawn said...

Hey Kim,
Thanks for your comments on my blog. :) The park where the kids were was in Petapa, a suburb of GC. It's about 10 minutes from downtown GC and is a very nice park!
dawn

Kim & Dave said...

Dawn-thanks for getting back to me! I wanted to label the pics we have at that same place. But, I couldn't ask our Foster Mom that complex of a question-due to my Spanish & her English!

Our Family of 5 said...

Congratulations on 2 blessed years!

Tracy said...

Congratulations! Hope you have a great Festive Season.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Gotcha day anniversary!

Robyn said...

Happy Gotcha Day!!

Anna said...

Happy Gotcha Day Ruthie...isn't God wonderful the way he works things out so perfectly in His timing.

I love the photos...you all look SO happy!!


Anna

vaneblu said...

Happy Gotcha day ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...