"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne

I have been thinking a lot about contentment.

Why is it that we always want what we can’t have?

I need to choose to be happy wherever & however I find myself.

Finally……I am realizing I need to PICK my focus!

EVERYONE has hard things in their lives……life isn’t easy.

BUT, I can choose to focus on the happy/good things I DO have!

What about my situation CAN I be thankful for:

~I have I a hubby who works hard so I can stay home with my kiddos
~3 rowdy, loud & messy kids (most days)
~hugs-arms thrown tightly around my neck
~money to meet all our needs (& a WHOLE lot extra!)
~friends-close ones I can go to any time of the day or night
~family I love & have a close relationship with (I know this doesn’t always happen).
~a heater that works-as we get more & more SNOW!!!
~cars that are reliable
~clothes over-running the house!
~a 7 year old who can/wants to play games with me

There are so many things I could CHOOSE to focus on-
Instead of:

~dirty dishes
~crayon writing on the new floor (thanks, Natty)
~TOYS, producing tripping hazards everywhere I turn!
~things that keep breaking around the house

Where will my focus be?
I challenge you: Where will your focus be, too?

Tell me some of your GOOD things you want to focus on today!

3 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

You inspired my post today! Thank you [smile].

~Luke

Unknown said...

I was just thinking this morning how thankful I am for a roof over our heads and a nice, big woodstove that heats our whole house...for free! Even if the electricity goes out, we will be warm. What a blessing!

It is 25 degrees today, but feels more like 17, so although there are MANY more things to be thankful for, this is right up on top of the list today!

Blessings!
Brandi

KarenW said...

My husband's new job. My 3 terrific children. A warm home in the winter. I could go on and on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...