"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, December 8, 2008

Once Again......I am sending out an SOS!!!

I need HELP!!!

Natty must take “hair growth serum” on the side!
I swear this kid grows more hair than anyone else I know!!!!

I have cut his hair at least 6-7 times since he came home.

Then, Saturday night, I realized it was down over his collar-AGAIN!!!

I have just been trimming length off the back & cutting the front to stay out of his eyes,
but as I grabbed the scissors for a quick trim, I thought, “I have got to do a better job, or else the poor boy will soon just have a bowl cut!”

But, I have a confession:

I have no idea how to cut little boy hair!!!

Girls hair is easy (as long as there are no bangs-
which is why my girls don’t have any! )

You just comb it all straight, part it & cut the length off!

Boys, though!

UGGG!!

Length has to be the same-all around, & on top.

& I can’t, for the life of me, figure out what to do with the front!

&, oh, have I mentioned that he must be the squirmiest kid on earth!!!

Help!

& I can’t just buzz it off.
Daddy thinks he’s still too little for a buzz,
& I still want a few of those gorgeous curls around his ears!!!


He’s my baby, after all!!!
He did get a haircut & in spite of me not knowing what I was doing,
he does look a bit better now!
I just don't have any new pictures of his haircut yet!

Maybe tomorrow!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do buzz Toby's hair. i have a set of clippers and depending on how short I want it I adjust and then cut witha fade. i do know people that use the flobee or something like it and love it. What I did at first was take Toby a couple of times to something like cost cutters and watched how they cut his hair. Then I just did the same thing.


Tina

Kim & Dave said...

What is a "flobee?"

Off to our ever-faithful friend "Google!"

Anonymous said...

This is a Flowbee.
+++
You've seen my hair, so you know I'm of no assistance. MasterCuts just shakes its collective head and soldiers on, although on occasion they've charged me the kids' rate....

Also, it didn't help that this was the first webpage I called up on Chad's brand-new widescreen monitor: "Hey, why don't you ask him what he's using?" (Not even a "thank you" for installing for the computer!)

Andrea said...

He is SOOOOO cute!!!!!!!!

Don't cut it!! PLEASE don't!!!

(this said by a Momma of boyz with really long hair...sigh...hehe)

Andrea

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Hey, Kim..........do as your friend Tina suggests...I've used clippers for years for all my boys and for Tim. I use to scissor clip my brothers. I know your problem well on the growth rate...my grandsons hair grows fast, has the color and texture of his Auntie P, but the growth rate of his mama's asian hair ( she gave him his first haircut when he was 5 weeks old because it was hanging in his eyes! ). Have fun with Mister Squirmy.....with clippers it took 3 of us to give my grandson his first buzz...mama held one side of the head, Auntie L the other and grandma held the top and ran the clippers...after that it he became accustomed to the clipper and the squirminess began to subside to where he sits very still now. And Kim check out You Tube...there's lots of video clips for hair cutting boys / men hair.
Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...