"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, December 25, 2008

My Brain has Officially Become "Mommy Mush!" How is yours doing???

Ok…..at the end of this post is a “funny”-

Just think “brain fried” mommy……
& you will have some idea of where this story is going!!!

First of all, I can’t let this day go by without saying what a GREAT Christmas present this is:
***Somehow, that boy has a KNACK for finding candy-
see what he's got in his hand?!?***
(for those of you who haven’t been following my blog that long,
last year at this time,
we still had NO IDEA when Natty would be coming home from Guatemala.
You can read some of those stories here, here & here……
if you really want the run-down.)

“For You, O God, have tested us;
You have refined us as silver is refined.

We went through fire & through water,
But you brought us out unto rich fulfillment!”
Psalm 66:10 & 12b

This family (while it doesn’t look like the family I dreamed of as a girl-

what was I thinking-I though I wanted 12 children!?!!?! Shocked )
is the fulfillment of my dreams-
to have happy, healthy kids!
(& as a bonus-they USUALLY play well together, too!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok…..the story you all have been waiting with baited breath for:

(& if you haven’t-don’t tell me so-it might hurt my feelings-wink!)

EVERY single stinking Christmas Eve I am up until 12 am…..1 am…….
even once it has been 3 am!!!
Sleeping

So, last night, I was again burning the candle at both ends
(no pun intended, even though there were several pine & “Christmas cookie” scented ones lit throughout the house last night-ha!! ha!!)

I finished all the wrapping, pulled away the gate from around the tree (put there to protect it from prying 16 mo fingers!), & carefully set the presents under the tree. Finally, I returned the tree to it’s protection zone by replacing the gate around it.


There was one problem……not discovered until much later…..after stockings, Christmas Breakfast …….& half-way through present opening.

(& I was so proud of myself getting to bed by a bit after mid-night.
Pride goes before the fall, they say!)

A few times I heard Ana say, “But where are the brown presents, Mommy?”

Did anything click?

Not right away.

Not until I started to realize we were running out of presents for Ana.

You know that feeling you have that you have forgotten something SUPER important? (Like when you see the dentist office on caller ID & suddenly remember you were supposed to be at the dentist that morningBag Head-yeah, that feeling started to come over me)

The thought had barely formulated in my mind & before it was out of my lips,
“There are still presents in the garage!!!!”

I forgot to put out at least half the presents last night!!!!

Boy, did we all have a good laugh as we hauled them all in to open!
(at least they were all wrapped).

The funny thing was, as I took the picture of the tree last night with “all” the presents under it, I thought, “Boy, this sure looks a bit more sparse than some Christmases. I guess we can just teach the kids to be grateful for what they have!”

Oh, I am SOOO laughing at myself now!!
Belly Laugh
Please tell me this kind of thing happens to everyone else!

A grateful Kim, signing off for today……

“For the wages of sin is death,
But the gift of God is eternal life,
through Christ Jesus, our Lord”
Romans 6:23

PS. Dave is sure that when Spring Cleaning of the garage rolls around,
we will find a present or two!
Happy belated Christmas, huh!


PSS. For more fun Christmas pics, run over to Sarah's blog!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOUR are toooo funny...i forget at least a few gifts every year!!! two years ago i lost my nephews gift and found it last year and it was wayyyy to small!!! I almost lost it laughing!!!LOL

IM soo happy that you have your baby home!!!

hugs,Leslie

Aileen said...

This is what comes from being up so late trying to do everything ourselves:-) Looks like a great Christmas, though, and the kids sure are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Mommy mush here too but I guess it's all worth it!
Cute story! I lost presents and it drove me crazy! I found them about and hour after tearing the house apart! They were hanging on a hanger (the bag) on a opened closest door! Yes, I;m a dork!

Jennifer said...

LOL...too funny! Your kids are adorable. Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

Love it!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Hannah said...

That is funny!! I have mommy mush all the time...I lose everything.

Glad you had a wonderful, blessed Christmas!

Mama Bear said...

Too funny!! Your kiddo's are adorable. Had to laugh at the "gate" thing as we've had to do that for the past two Christmas years!!!

Our Family of 5 said...

hahah! Mommy mush brain here too!! At least you remembered =)

vaneblu said...

LOL
this is too funny :D
Your children are adorable!

Robyn said...

You are definitely not the only one with "mommy brain". I do things like that all the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...