"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Friday, December 21, 2007

God’s Waiting Room

(for those who want pics, see previous post!)
On the home school forums I frequent, one of my “pretend” friends remarked that it seemed to her that much of the Christian life was spent in God’s Waiting Room.

I am just emotionally/spiritually exhausted from this wait…..I don’t know why, because I’m CONVINCED beyond the shadow of a doubt that His timing is perfect. So why do I feel so TIRED? Just wiped out!!

Do you ever feel that way? I know you must, bec. I know my friend’s statement is true. Many people responded to her post that they agreed.

I realized, once again this morning, that the focus must be on Jesus Christ, & not on my circumstances. I HAVE been keying in on Nat not being home for Christmas, Dave missing out on his homecoming, missing Christmas in Guatemala…..etc.

But…..HERE is the key!!!

Set my mind on Christ-which I’m so thankful it is easier to do at this time of year.


1 Peter 1:13 (Amplified Bible)
"So brace up your minds; be sober (circumspect, morally alert); set your hope wholly and unchangeably on the grace (divine favor) that is coming to you when Jesus Christ (the Messiah) is revealed."

Colossians 3:1-2 (New King James Version)
"If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth."


WHO IS HE IN YONDER STALL?
Benjamin R. Hanby (1833-1867)




Who is He in yonder stall
At Whose feet the shepherds fall?
Who is He in deep distress,
Fasting in the wilderness?



Who is He the people bless
For His words of gentleness?
Who is He to Whom they bring
All the sick and sorrowing?


Who is He that stands and weeps
At the grave where Lazarus sleeps?
Who is He the gathering throng
Greet with loud triumphant song?


Lo! at midnight, who is
HePrays in dark Gethsemane?
Who is He on yonder tree
Dies in grief and agony?



Who is He that from the grave
Comes to sccour, help and save?
Who is He Who from His throne
Rules through all the world alone?

Refrain:

Tis the Lord! O wondrous story!
’Tis the Lord! the King of glory!
At His feet we humbly fall,
Crown Him! crown Him, Lord of all!





While this isn’t truly a Christmas Hymn…..it is a song I love to sing at Christmas time….it has all the important facts about WHO Jesus is & WHY He came to earth. Singing songs like this help keep my mind from dwelling on things I can’t change.

Do you Know Him this Christmas? He has come to save, just like it says in the last stanza of this hymn. Oh my friends, how I pray it is so, & that if you don’t KNOW for sure, you will find Him in His Word this Christmastime. He is searching for you!


Psalm 27:14
"Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!"

My keys to going forward? Focus on Christ & Wait on Him-THEN I will find courage for my heart in this wait! And, remember, that I am on my way to heaven……that is the biggest blessing any of us could hope for at any time.

Thank you for reading this, friends. Just writing it out has helped my put my mind where it should be……
Thankful for Jesus,…… His death & resurrection for me!!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I know what you mean...sometimes writing is so therapeutic for me, a way of reminding myself of the truth of God's Word. I'm glad you are looking to the Lord through all of this, and that He is teaching you something daily as He gets you through this waiting game. These lessons are so valuable! I'm sure it is teaching your daughters so much.

Anonymous said...

I love that hymn too.

As church pianist, I sometimes get the option of selecting hymns during the opening exercises of Sunday School -- and I selected this particular song last Sunday.

Unfortunately, the Methodist hymnal cuts each verse in half (http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh190.sht) but it is still a wonderful 5-verse "this is His life" kind of hymn, which is perfect for Advent.

[Brad in WV, joyful that LiveJournal users can now log in to Blogspot]

Unknown said...

yes . . .seek first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all of these things shall be added unto you . . .

{hugs}

Enoch Moses said...

Glad to see you guys are doing good.
Merry Christmas!!!

Livin' out loud said...

Great words to imspire and remind...I feel your pain in the "wait"...to us it seems so sensless because "Here we are" ready and will to love and still this child must wait. I am currently trying to rememeber that it is God first and this child second...I think we have to be careful NOT to lift the child above God, which in our misery is EASY to do!!
Blessings to you all
Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...